Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are looking for a Compensation Analyst who LOVES to nerd out on designing innovative compensation structures and programs, creating insights and driving decisions with data, optimizing processes and programs, building engineering-worthy formulas in spreadsheets, and also translating all of your work into compelling content for a variety of audiences.
Do all the exciting (and sometimes maybe not so exciting) things you'd expect, such as:
- Absorb ownership of the day-to-day administration of Duolingo's compensation processes and programs (including researching market trends, pulling market data, updating our ranges and job structure, reviewing offers, etc.)
- Execute annual and bi-annual compensation planning cycles in compensation planning tools
- Evaluate our processes, tools, reports, metrics, data, etc. to identify opportunities for scaling, automation, and optimization
- Conduct sophisticated analyses with large sets of data and roll them into insights that can influence leaders, and therefore our programs
- Help build and administer Duolingo's model (and foundational elements) for compensation data and metrics excellence
- Collaborate with our team and partners to design industry-leading compensation processes and programs
- Develop simple, compelling, and engaging content to explain our compensation programs to diverse audiences
- The skill to craft proposals that are steeped in logic based on the analytical insights that you derive from data
- Advanced data analytics skills and the utmost regard for data integrity and accuracy
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Outstanding communication skills that allow you to communicate effectively across different groups to reach our goals
- Self-awareness and integrity in that you demonstrate understanding of the confidentiality and integrity that comes with owning compensation and other employee demographic data
- Bachelor's degree or higher and 3-5+ years of experience in compensation or a related field supporting a People organization
- Experience administering compensation programs and building compensation structures for tech companies
- Experience with Workday, Workday Advanced Compensation, knowledge of emerging compensation tools such as Pave, Compa, etc., and other BI tools
- Advanced spreadsheet (Google Sheets + Excel) and data modeling skills
- Experience with compensation at emerging, high-growth tech companies
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to New York, NY.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
- Coding experience
- Experience implementing relevant systems and processes to serve a high-growth company environment
- Passion for language learning or education!
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $125,000 - $225,000. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.