Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards, our Compensation Analyst will support activities to develop, implement, and administer compensation policies and programs designed to attract, retain, and motivate high quality employees and continue supporting the company's profile as a Great Place to Work. We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who love to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Audit jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties, and requirements; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Evaluates and implements job analysis instruments and materials.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Provide support in the planning, development, documentation, implementation, training, administration, and reporting of compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
- Manager annual salary review process and review proposed adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- Review requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary range assignment and FLSA exemption status; prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepare research and create ad-hoc reporting and analysis related to compensation programs and policies, including incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, or other total rewards.
- Partner with Benefits team to research employee benefits in similar industries and recommend changes or updates to ensure competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the organization.
- Partner with Benefits team to conduct focus groups to collect employee and manager feedback on specific issues or topics related to benefits and compensation.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training regarding administration of compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain and update compensation databases, coordinate with HCM Specialist regarding programming and data integrity, and make recommendations for system enhancements.
- Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, and human resource procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of applicable experience.
- 2+ years of related compensation experience, including, but not limited to the following areas: market analysis, job analysis, sales compensation, equity programs, incentive plan design and administration.
- Advanced MS Excel skills in financial modeling.
- Strong MS Office - PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong mathematical acuity to understand appropriate calculations to use and spot discrepancies in data and logic, and for setting up plan costing models.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations, as well as human resources laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Skilled in analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and analyze problems in depth and determine subtle relationships among data from various sources.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making; demonstrating consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Must demonstrate creative abilities to generate new approaches to problems and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative and sense of urgency in finding ways to resourcefully overcome challenges and re-stimulate projects.
- Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient and productive manner - focusing on key priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Highly effective oral communication skills in one to one, in small groups, and in "public-speaking" situations.
- Highly effective written communication.
- Possesses utmost integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Certificated Compensation Professional (CCP) is strongly preferred
- Normal working conditions require normal to close concentration, visual attention and manual dexterity.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Moderate stress level
- Occasional standing.
- Lifting requirements of up to 30 lbs