Community Manager - Full Time
Artisan Council - a boutique social media agency based in downtown NYC - is seeking an experienced Social Media Community Manager to join our Social Team in a full time role.
This person will be the eyes, ears and voice of Artisan Council’s clients on social media, cultivating active and engaged digital communities, while also representing the voice of each different brand. This role is highly collaborative and will report directly to the Sr. Social Media Manager. As the ideal candidate, you are beauty, pop culture, and community-obsessed with a team player attitude, a strong sense of creativity, excellent communication and writing skills, and is a multitasker that will hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our mission is to create a happy, safe, considerate and inspiring work environment for all. We embrace diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work.
- You will monitor and interact across all social media channels in an authentic manner true to each brand and channel (predominantly TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and would enjoy participating in the comments section and social chatter across all channels for hours daily
- You will publish daily content on social media channels and monitor performance
- You will identify social trends and pertinent conversations with opportunity for social copywriting
- You will cultivate relationships and conversations with potential brand ambassadors and influencers as well as community members and giveaway winners
- You will identify opportunities to surprise, delight, and show our community members how much we appreciate them
- You will monitor social media channels outside of standard work hours on a scheduled and need basis
- You will maintain standardization for engagement responses and guidelines for frequently asked questions and new product launches
- You will lead community based content-generation programs and initiatives, on an ongoing basis but also particularly around key moments such as product launches or cultural moments
- You will source UGC and community stories for content (including monitoring and downloading)
- You will undertake performance reporting, analysis and provide recommendations to your team to help advise their strategies
- You will provide help with content creators once proficient with moderation
ESSENTIAL SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
Please note carefully. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
- 2+ years proven experience in managing communities with comfortability in social media moderation work
- Deep knowledge of pop culture and cultural trends - you know the latest meme, TikTok sounds and trends before most people do!
- You know every up and coming creator in the beauty space
- You live in the comments section on TikTok, and know how to drive conversation and engagement when moderating the community on and off
- Passion for beauty, skincare, popular brands and other relevant communities is imperative
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant and upcoming social media channels + platforms, and how each platform can be leveraged in different scenarios
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of all social media channels, uses them effectively for work and personal
- Strong knowledge of Gen-Z+Millennial culture and the individuals at the forefront of it
- Social media enthusiast, champion of influencer and internet culture
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- A self-starter who is motivated, proactive and outgoing
- Ability to work both independently, but also as a team-player
- Ability to write and edit communications and articulate the brand 'voice' in a creative, compelling, and witty manner
- Ability to jump from the community side of marketing to the analytical side
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work through analyzing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure, processes, systems, and policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and a knack for problem solving
- Finger on the pulse of culture
- Experience in a target oriented environment
- Ideally previous experience in a customer-facing, community management or customer service role
SALARY + BENEFITS
- 60K Salary, paid bi-weekly
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Offered through Aetna.
- Artisan Council covers the minimum tier if you opt in. There is no cost to the employee if you choose this level of coverage.
- You may select a higher level of cover; the difference of which will be taken out of your monthly salary (pre-tax).
- There is a 30 day waiting period before you are eligible for coverage, and coverage will begin the month following the completion of that 30 day period.
- Dental Insurance: Artisan Council covers your Dental Insurance with Guardian when health insurance is opted into. There is no cost to the employee.
- Additional Training - Artisan Council supports you seeking out additional training to excel further in your field. Approved on a case by case basis.
- 401K - through Slavik401k/JustWorks
- After 6 months of full time employment, employees are eligible to make a pre-tax contribution to a 401K account with Slavic401K.
- Artisan Council will contribute 50 cents for each dollar the employee saves
- This contribution from Artisan Council is capped at 6% of the employee’s calendar year salary
- You can defer paying income tax on up to $20,500 saved for a 401(k) plan in 2022
- An employee's own contributions to the plan are always 100% vested, or owned, by the employee.
- Employer contributions made by Artisan Council, will vest on a cliff over 3 years (i.e. the employee will not be able to access them until they have reached 3 years of continued employment with the company).
- The employee will be charged a $75 annual fee for the money they store in the 401K account, charged quarterly ($18.75/quarter) and deducted from the 401k account
- Flexible Vacation Policy - After 6 months of employment, Artisan Council offers unlimited Paid Time Off (dependant on your work being complete, and it working for your team members, i.e. no one else on leave over a similar, long period), and close the office for two weeks in December to support you to take it if you are eligible.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program - Artisan Council likes to give back, and you will have the option to participate in programs where you utilize your skills for better.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Breakout Working Group - Artisan Council offers the opportunity to participate in a DEI working group, a further compensated role.
- Summer Fridays - Artisan Council (New York) finishes at 2pm on Fridays (dependant on your work being complete and necessary job responsibilities) and you can log off for the day.
- No-meeting Fridays - Artisan Council wants to support you in being able to prioritize your responsibilities and encourages both internal and external meetings to not be scheduled on Fridays.