The Community Manager plays a hyper local and supportive cross-functional role between Marketing (Culture & Events) and Revenue. In this role, the Community Manager will be looked to bring to life to local, relevant programs/partnerships, in collaboration with the Culture & Events team, that highlight Weedmaps’ DNA and brand power to the local community and industry.
The impact you'll make:
- Works alongside the founders, CEO, CMO and Directors to develop and drive Weedmaps Lifestyle strategies. Drives the execution and oversees the day-to-day national management of every assignment.
- Elevates Weedmaps brand, awareness and consumer consideration through mixed lifestyle focused partnerships & programs.
- Procures, develops and activates 360-degree programs that effectively meet Weedmaps marketing strategy: Live Entertainment, Lifestyle, Experiential, Content Creators.
- Cultivates and manages Weedmaps Influencer/Tastemaker programs for brand utilization.
- Assesses unsolicited external partnership opportunities, negotiations and execution.
- Researches and monitors national emerging lifestyle opportunities.
- Drives Weedmaps collaborative strategic partnership programs within the multiple categories, i.e., Entertainment, Fashion, Cause and Creative worlds.
- Provides Lifestyle Focused Brand Management Oversight for the North America market.
- Manages all aspects of event production including: agreement negotiation and execution, planning and project management, budgeting and invoicing, vendor negotiation and management, risk assessment, logistics (permitting, shipping, ROS, load-in/out, set-up/strike-down, merchandising, staff management), pre and post event reporting.
What you've accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years directly related experience; minimum of 8 years of experience if candidate does not have a degree.
- Experience in event production and management
- Ability to build, manage, and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships
- Experience in influencer marketing and talent management in entertainment, art, sports, hype, fashion, tech and cause
- Experience with contract negotiations and budget management
- Professional, philanthropic, and/or community experience in the cannabis industry
The base pay range for this position is: $90,000.00 - $116,000.00
2023 Benefits for Full Time, Regular Employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day 1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- For plans that offer coverage to your dependents, you pay a small contribution
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary up to $250,000
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Family planning/fertility - including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings - including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- You get an opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis industry
- You get to play a meaningful role that impacts the wellbeing of others
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Numerous opportunities to learn and grow your professional skills
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with other Weedmappers through speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion and religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants are entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state/local laws, unless the accommodation presents undue hardship. Please email us at peopleoperations at weedmaps.com if you would like to confidentially discuss a potential accommodation during the interview process.