About the Role
As Mos’s first Community Manager, you will set and implement a strategy to drive awareness and affinity with the Mos brand. You’ll travel to campuses near and far activating our student ambassador program, hosting events and building our community. You will amplify our voice and drive greater engagement across all of our social channels—crafting the way Mos connects with and engages our community of brilliant and amazing students. You’ll be responsible for engaging our student community both online and IRL.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who excels in a fast-paced, experiment-driven environment, is excited about connecting with students from all different backgrounds, and deeply believes in Mos’s mission to tear down financial barriers for students. The ideal candidate for this role has a knack for empathetic communication, is a Gen Z mind reader, and is excited by the opportunity of building our community from the ground up.
- Help lead our "student council" who we will rely on for everything from spreading the word about Mos to product feedback and marketing insights.
- Build the structure to help moderate our community so that it's a productive, safe, and fun space for all students.
- Create and host live events for our students spanning everything from live webinars to on-campus events.
- Build and moderate a safe and welcoming online community of students that empowers them to participate and lead the discussion.
- Define and build a student ambassador program that empowers students to become Mos's biggest on and off-campus advocates.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience building and moderating communities, both online and off; proficiency with community engagement tools (Khoros, etc) a plus.
- Empathy, understanding, and solutions for students today.
- Connectedness—you’re that person who loves to connect and are comfortable being the main character.
- Excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable taking on the voice of a brand—online, offline, live on air, and otherwise.