SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to join SEGA!
Are you an experienced Community Manager with a passion for video games? Do you have experiencing launching and supporting AAA titles?
SEGA of America seeks an experienced community professional to grow, nurture, and maintain our community. The ideal candidate has proven experience working with 3rd party gaming communities and content creators, with an understanding of how communications, content, social media, and influencer relationships intersect with each other. Reporting into the Director of Community, this role is expected to lead external product communication for SEGA products and provide a strong connection between the community and our internal teams.
Independent and autonomous, the Community Manager serves an essential function in ensuring that SEGA titles are well-received by the public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help establish a strong and specific brand voice and personality for the SEGA brand as well as titles from other studios when needed
- Collaborate with SEGA of America, SEGA of Japan, and SEGA of Europe cross-functional and international teams to develop globally integrated and innovate community campaigns that are aligned with the project’s strategic and financial goals.
- Create and maintain social content roadmap calendar, clearly outlining promotional efforts and keeping Community Director and cross functional teams organized.
- Serves as a key community contact with direct interface with development and studio groups to supply them with key insights, trends and best practices
- Contribute to content strategy and player-facing communications, including active engagement on official social channels, community channels and reactive messaging
- Provide engaging written and visual content, working with social and creative agencies as necessary
- Manage all owned channels for assigned products, including social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube), forums (Reddit, owned forums) and 1st party community hubs
- Retain, support, and build long-term relationships with existing content creators
- Expert on all social channels and their tools managing relationships with each of the platform account managers
- Identify needs, problems, common opinions, and end-user sentiment through official community channels and social media, providing meaningful reporting to management
- Analyze and report metrics pertaining to community sentiment and social engagement, as well as KPIs online activities, to drive improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Drive views and concurrency on Twitch and YouTube
- Provide and create the voice of the game and developer to players, and vice versa, via social channels
- Become a product expert and participate in livestreams and video productions as an informational and authoritative brand representative, when required
- Track and manage all aspects of marketing budget across your portfolio with rigor and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- 4-6 years’ experience in community management, social media marketing or fan-focused public relations in a related field or on major consumer brands
- Must be an avid gamer, including time spent in relevant genres and recent releases. Interest in video games culture and gaming communities a must. Interest and experience in Anime industry or brands a plus.
- Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent experience in communication, marketing, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of current community and content distribution channels, emergent trends and best practices, and the role they play in community and publishing strategy
- Exemplary product and brand communications, copywriting, and creative writing skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate a vision across various audiences. Ability to tell a story via PowerPoint and/or Excel a strong plus.
- Knowledge of publisher streaming and content creation on streaming and social channels and familiar with back-end analysis of metrics and scheduling
- Organized self-starter, with demonstrated ability to plan and self-manage concurrent content pipelines and programs, while working in a team environment
- Active engagement in current games industry news with a deep understanding of gamer culture in social media
- Independent worker with little or no supervision required and willingness to navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Ability to coordinate execution of plans within budget, set timelines, and to meet deadlines across all duties of the role. Experience building new processes and applying best practices a strong plus.
- Ability to leverage quantitative analytic measures, build business cases to support initiatives and focus on KPI / ROI metrics
- Proficiency with MS Office and social analytic platforms
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential product, business, and trade information and remain professional at all times
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese/Asian corporations (not required, but a plus).
- Graphic design experience a nice to have but not required
- Positive, professional, collaborative, and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work in-person in Irvine, CA in hybrid model.