At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
Our Community team is an integral part of our business with the mission to enable our members to create their life’s work.
As a Community Lead, you are integral to the elevated member experience at your WeWork location. You will report to your building each day and will be responsible for ensuring we meet our members’ needs and maintain our WeWork global standards. In addition, you’ll ensure we deliver on our targets for an un-compromised member experience through curated events based on members’ interests, introducing members to each other for business opportunities, and creating a welcoming environment for members and their guests.
In this role, you’ll:
Membership Engagement & Retention:
- Complete scheduled, quarterly conversations with owned accounts to help them maximize the value of their WeWork membership while checking in on all members regularly to understand their ongoing experience.
- Anticipate member and guest needs before they arise using relevant information collected about members to enhance and personalize their experience.
- Follow up in person with all members who’ve submitted a bad rating for conference rooms, poorly rated a ticket, or submitted a negative Medallia response.
- Follow the model for issue resolution, utilizing the severity scale to determine the next steps. Ensure the proposed solution fully meets the member’s needs.
- Review all Medallia responses to understand areas of improvement and implement proactive changes, keeping member experience top of mind.
- Support front desk coverage schedule as needed, ensuring there is consistent coverage during business hours.
Move-In & Move Out :
- Conduct pre-move-in meetings with all new accounts to ensure a successful move in.
- Complete the New Member Orientation process for all new accounts within the building.
- Curate new member on-boarding materials such as welcome member notes, FAQ guides, etc to provide on move-in day.
- Conduct move out interviews to understand the departing members’ overall experience.
- Conduct building tours set up by the Sales team for VIPs or prospective members as needed.
- Alert appropriate contact on the Growth Team when a member notifies of any desire to have a Growth related conversation (ex. move-out requests, extensions, transfers, etc.).
- Hand-off prospective member sales to appropriate sales contacts (walk-ins, current members, guests, etc).
- Conduct tours of the space for potential new members while sharing benefits tailored to their needs.
- Provide feedback on programming types (based on member makeup) and evaluate events based on attendance, satisfaction, and impact on the appropriate Events team.
- Set up and host weekly “social events” that help to create a community within your location and execute “Value-Driving” events planned by the Events team when applicable in the building.
- Distribute all necessary info to promote the event including creation and posting of weekly events poster and individual event posters.
- Ensure building-specific operational requirements are met for each event (elevators, HVAC, etc).
Building Operations and Management:
- Conduct morning walkthroughs to address any issues, Escalating any recurring issues to your manager and/or relevant cross-functional teams.
- Know and explain WeWork policies and procedures and communicate, inform, and update members on building issues via email, in person, or broadcast.
- Manage the energy in the building ensuring music levels and activations are appropriate to the daypart and occasion.
- Liaise with in-building, third party cleaning companies to ensure space is kept up to standards.
- Track, audit, and organize keys collected and distributed. Manage keycard stock and request new inventory as needed.
- Oversee Community responsibilities for Member companies in buildings where Community is not present which may include owning certain operational duties, liaising with Sales and Account Management, as well as supporting specific contractual agreements.
Safety and Security:
- Review and understand the role in the building management & WeWork provided Emergency Action Plans.
- Create incident reports as necessary, Respond appropriately and escalate any medical emergency (injury or illness), and respond to instructions from Leadership regarding emergency situations or security alerts.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in hospitality.
- Proficient local language and understanding of local culture required.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects from start to finish.
- You are attentive to detail and manage tasks efficiently and effectively.
- You enjoy and thrive at continually growing relationships.
Life at WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.