Communications Strategist Senior
Responsible for the developing and leading the implementation and execution of internal and external communications strategies, plans and projects for the Geisinger Health Plan to advance and achieve Geisinger’s strategic priorities and business objectives. The senior strategist is a seasoned communications expert with experience in internal and external communications preferably within the insurance or healthcare industries and is responsible for complex initiatives for the organization’s most high-profile business priorities. This role has interaction and visibility, including providing strategic counsel and subject matter expertise, to the executive leadership team
- Leads planning, research, and analysis to develop a comprehensive internal and external communications strategy for internal clients. Uses analytical and critical thinking to interpret data to understand and respond to industry and market trends as they relate to relevant clients.
- Monitors and evaluates plan performance to ensure annual targets are achieved.
- Leverages a matrixed, cross-functional team of marketing, communications, and digital engagement experts to implement their plans.
- Conducts highly complex work, unsupervised and with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- In partnership with clients, develops proactive internal and external communications strategies, plans, and initiatives to achieve Geisinger’s priorities and objectives.
- Understands the business objectives of the organization at the enterprise, business unit, departmental, institute, and regional level and applies that understanding to strategy development.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends multi-channel communications solutions, including internal communications, earned media, social media and more as part of value-added communication strategies.
- Working in a matrixed environment, works within a team of cross-functional marketing, communications, and digital engagement experts to co-create tactical plans and successfully deploy and evaluate them. Uses department resources efficiently.
- Keeps abreast of the external and internal environmental trends that could impact the strategy such as regional competitive environment, clinical advances, technological enhancements, employment trends, and industry trends.
- Monitors for issues that may negatively affect Geisinger’s brand or operations.
- Partners with dedicated project managers to implement plans and monitor progress.
- Tracks and reports process and outcome metrics for assigned projects and plans. Metrics might include leads or conversions for new patients or members, cost per lead/conversion, number of physician referrals, revenue generated, enhanced preference and awareness, number of media hits, ad equivalency, event attendees, employee engagement data, GHP member satisfaction, earned media share of voice, web traffic or social media engagement.
- Establishes themselves as a trusted advisor and counselor to clients and manages client expectations through transparent and frequent communications and collaboration.
- Presents recommendations, plans, status reports and metrics to clients and leadership.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
This is a work from home position that can be located anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Occasional travel to cover in-person media interviews in Pennsylvania may be required.
Healthcare and/or Health Plan experience preferred.
Experience in Public Relations, Media Relations or Internal Communications preferred.
Bachelor's Degree-Related Field of Study (Required)
Minimum of 7 years-Related work experience (Required)
Computer Literacy; Market Research; Organizing; Critical Thinking
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.