When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
New York Life’s primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women’s markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
- Assist with the creation and execution of communication strategies and project plans for Agency's strategic imperatives
- Identify messaging and communications priorities/approaches for Agency stakeholders
- Write/edit key messaging documents, digital news briefs, and PowerPoint decks for Agency audiences
- Provide overall logistical support for the communications strategy team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience
- Writing for digital communications
- Microsoft Office proficiency (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)