Lake Buena Vista, FL
The Communication & Experience team work on behalf of the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to inform and inspire Cast Members, bring visibility to tech and digital work and products across the segment and enterprise, and help define and share the DPEP Tech & Digital brand for our future Cast Members. From day-to-day internal communications to Cast recognition programs, culture initiatives and spotlight stories on the Disney Parks Blog, the team makes magic come alive for Tech & Digital Cast Members.
As the Communications Specialist, you will support a wide variety of communications, culture, and employee engagement projects, specifically for the DPEP Technology & Digital organization. In this role you will collaborate with a team of communicators and designers to develop content for traditional and digital communications platforms, coordinate a robust editorial content calendar, plan for internal and external events, collect communications metrics, and much more!
We are looking for a communicator with a special passion for using stories to create a rich, inclusive, and celebratory workplace culture for a group of innovative technologists. The ideal candidate lives by their color-coded calendar, thrives in a collaborative environment and is a natural writer with an uncanny love of grammar and punctuation.
- Partner with Manager to coordinate and schedule a robust editorial content calendar across various platforms including intranet, email newsletters, digital display boards, social channels, and more
- Write content for traditional and digital communications platforms, including a weekly newsletter and internal website
- Pitch story ideas that support business strategies, highlight technology trends, and foster a culture of employee recognition
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate employee interviews for written stories
- Publish approved content and contribute to the design of page layouts in WordPress
- Coordinate logistics for virtual and in-person culture and recognition events
- Maintain organization distribution lists
- Research, monitor and analyze internal and external coverage of current events and public opinion to help inform communication strategies
- 2-3 Years of experience in a communications role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well versed in grammar and punctuation (AP Style)
- Strong administrative skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Proven experience managing or coordinating content or editorial calendars
- Proficiency with content management systems (WordPress)
- Experience writing in different styles for a variety of mediums including e-newsletters, social media, and video scripts.
- Experience pitching stories and conducting interviews for editorial stories
- Passion for storytelling, creative problem-solving, and workplace culture
- Interest in new and emerging technology
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities while maintaining professional poise
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a group setting
- Experience with virtual and in-person event planning
- Disney operational knowledge/experience a plus
- Experience with photography or video production
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software
- Experience working with international partners- fluent/conversational in multiple languages is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field