Are you a communications leader with a passion for storytelling and reaching audiences in creative ways? Would you like to experience first-hand the transformation our customers and partners are undertaking across the world? Are you an entrepreneurial spirit looking for a fast-paced environment? If so, the Office of the Executive Vice President (EVP) for Business Development, Strategy and Ventures (BDSV) has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Communications Specialist who can drive internal communications for BDSV. Your goal is to maximize the scale, impact, and voice of Microsoft’s EVP for BDSV.
You are self-motivated, self-directed, and accountable. You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You work well in a team, collaborate well, and in ways that drive high quality results. You demonstrate initiative, creativity, excellent interpersonal skills and are a proficient writer. You are curious and like to embrace new technology and tools.
- Partners on the overall comms strategy and leads internal communications aligned to team, business, and organizational objectives, ensuring consistency of voice across messages and channels.
- Defines and executes tactics in support of overall strategy, ensuring consistency of voice across messages and channels.
- Oversees a coordinated organizational approach to managing internal executive social strategy (Teams and Viva Engage) and across the full leadership team where needed.
- Help manage internal communications channels including organization emails, updates, newsletters, Teams, Viva, SharePoint sites, etc.
- Lead the development and implementation of internal editorial strategy and calendar to support the executive platform and alignment to business goals.
- Partners with external communications stakeholders to ensure consistency of message.
- Drives development of current and relevant templates and materials, building on effectiveness of previously used materials.
- Collaborates within the organization in the development of materials and drives work with some guidance (e.g., briefing documents, talk tracks, video scripts, PowerPoint slides).
- Identifying needs for new executive materials or contents, translating a vision to create a message and frame it appropriately into net-new materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, or related field AND 4+ years Communications, Marketing Operations, Field Operations, Program Management, Project Management, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Communication skills: Ability to create clear and concise communications that results in compelling presentations/emails and in meetings with employees, partners, customers, and others.
- Audience understanding: Ability to understand the needs of each audience (e.g., employees, strategic partners, customers, etc.) and create effective communications to reach those audiences.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple business partners, including cross-group teams, virtual and global teams, vendors and agency partners.
- Strategic thinking and counsel: Ability to understand business trends, stay on top of developments and corporate strategy, and advise on communication opportunities (both planned and impromptu).
- Executive presence and ability to work with highly confidential information
- Experience working with or in a marketing or in a Public Relation Agency.
- The preferred location for the role is the Seattle Area given the role will need to manage in person/hybrid meetings for the team.
Communications IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $101,200 - $194,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $130,000 - $213,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.