Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Communications Specialist will support and execute internal communications programs that elevate Optum's reputation and connections with employees, specifically in support of Optum Insight and corporate functions.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for preparing and executing broad-based and stakeholder-specific communication programs and messaging, which includes leveraging tools, processes, and feedback effectively. This position will interface with leaders and subject matter experts in support of their efforts to engage employees around the business priorities. This professional will be a member of and contribute to the broader Optum corporate communications team through cross-team initiatives, and will actively leverage Optum assets to create targeted communications Working with partners in Marketing, Human Capital, Business Development, the markets in Optum Insight and others, s/he will ensure that communications programs are consistently aligned with the company's overall business goals and core values and delivered with high quality. S/he will serve a broad range of internal clients, providing consistently high levels of proactive support and execution.
The individual must have a strong interest in and understanding of data and analytics and a desire to be part of an organization committed to helping make the health care system work better for everyone. Essential qualities for success in this position include a collaborative disposition, uncompromising eye for quality, comfort with change, resourcefulness, creative problem-solving, multi-tasking skills, and flexibility.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges or if you reside in Eden Prairie MN, you’ll enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote position.
- Partner with business contacts and Communications peers to execute internal communication plans that reinforce the business plans, strategies, mission, and values of Optum and assigned business divisions
- Staff and run large employee meetings like Town Halls
- Write and develop content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., emails, Sparq stories, Yammer content, scripts, talking points, etc.). Adapt writing style/tone to meet the needs of the specific message/leader/audience/channel (e.g., nuance, complexity)
- Adhere to applicable internal and external communications standards established for the business (e.g., internal style guides, Chicago / AP style guides, communication industry standards)
- Analyze audience needs and business goals to recommend appropriate channels and tactics. Proactively seek out and promote new avenues for communication efforts or improve current efforts
- Prepare multi-media presentations for employee or leader meetings
- Coordinate, design and distribute company communication using HTML design tools or other shared applications. Maintain distribution lists and audience data
- Use quantitative and qualitative measurement/evaluation processes to assess the effectiveness of communications (e.g., web and email analytics, surveys, focus groups, site visits, direct feedback)
- Manage communication projects to gain required approvals and monitor/ensure proper implementation (e.g., leadership, legal or compliance requirements, role assignments, timelines/milestones, budget management, issue tracking, deliverables)
- Evaluate communications programs and processes; identify lessons learned and recommend changes for future campaigns based on results (e.g., apply metrics to determine success of the process)
- Responsible for maintaining and adhering to policies and procedures and monitoring company media, which may include company websites
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in communications, journalism, or related discipline or 8+ years of experience in communications
- 3+ years of communications experience
- 2+ year of experience editing and proofreading with excellent attention to detail
- 2+ year of experience communicating in multiple media (e.g., print, email, web, video/audio) through multiple channels (e.g., manager-to-employee, employee or leader meetings, web portals, intranet, webinars, social networking platforms)
- 2+ year of experience with multiple tools, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and others such as Sharepoint, Jive and HTML tools
- 1+ year of Project management experience
- Must be willing to complete a communication writing assessment
- Experience developing communication plans
- Health care, data, or technology communications experience
- HTML and image editing experience.
- Experience measuring communication campaign effectiveness
- Ability to effectively process and understand complex situations and technical subjects, and translate them clearly in layperson's terms
- A strategic thinker with analytical skills
- The knowledge, intellect, and temperament to work effectively in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- The willingness to step in on tasks big and small.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, ability to persuade and build consensus with stakeholders
- Affinity for tools and technology
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.