Garver’s Little Rock office is looking for a full-time Communications Specialist to join our award-winning in-house Communications Team. We are looking for someone who is creative and passionate about employee communication, engagement, and experience. This person will be a trusted advisor to our internal partners and help them optimally reach the right audience, with the right message, at the right time, and through the right channels.
This role requires creativity and project management skills to ensure that communication with clients builds rapport and leads to successful outcomes. You will play an integral part in sustaining Garver’s internal Best Firm to Work For culture.
In this role, you will:
- Work with in-house teams such as Human Resources, Learning & Development, and Wellness to develop communications plans that promote participation and strengthen our organization.
- Coordinate the development, review, approval, and delivery of communications campaigns, project initiatives, and activities that support Best Employee Experience messaging.
- Write, edit, and proof content to be broadcasted through a variety of channels, including social media, newsletters, SharePoint, and others.
- Build strong relationships with members of our internal, cross-functional teams to achieve communications project deliverables.
To be considered, you must submit a cover letter specifying your interest and qualifications for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related field
- Two or more years of related full-time experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong editing and written communication skills, demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.