Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The oil & gas industry has relied upon Caterpillar for decades to deliver robust technologies that support the toughest drilling, gas compression, production and well service applications. Today, Caterpillar provides a broad portfolio of oil & gas and marine industry-leading products including engines, gensets, electric motors, energy storage, transmission, pumps, flow iron and system integration solutions. Caterpillar relies on cutting edge technologies and digital solutions to extract data from our products and transform it into valuable recommendations, insights, and integrated solutions to help customers achieve the lowest total cost of ownership. The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division (COGMD) has an exciting opportunity for a division communications specialist.
We’re looking for a creative, passionate, and internal customer-focused professional to join our global team. You will be responsible for developing and delivering engaging content for our communication channels and people-focused projects. This is a results-driven role, and you’ll collaborate with internal leaders and stakeholders to connect and engage employees with our division priorities and the corporate strategy.
Preferred location is Houston, Texas but will also consider Irving, Texas or Peoria, Illinois. Relocation is available for this position. Travel could be required about 10% of working time.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and advising on the suitability of approaches for communication efforts.
- Tracking and analyzing metrics to measure the effectiveness of internal communications.
- Creating content for employee communication channels; ensuring that messaging and branding are consistent across all channels.
- Developing and distributing communications materials, such as written communications, presentation materials, videos, etc. to deliver key messages.
What You Have:
- Communicating for Impact: Knowledge of the concepts, tools and techniques for effective listening and communicating; ability to apply these theories to receive, transmit and accurately interpret information and ideas to influence others in various situations.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Multimedia Technologies: Knowledge of multimedia publishing technologies and procedures; ability to use installed audio, visual and animation software tools to produce multimedia publications.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Internal Communications: Knowledge of techniques and media for internal communications; ability to produce and distribute news, newsletters and other communications materials targeted at the employees.
- Experience with Adobe programs.
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance, and we offer a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Identity Theft Protection)
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.