Founded in 1965, Herc Rentals is one of the leading equipment rental suppliers in North America with trailing twelve month total revenues of nearly $2.7 billion as of September 30, 2022. Herc Rentals’ parent company, known as Herc Holdings Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange on July 1, 2016, under the symbol “HRI.” Herc Rentals serves customers through approximately 350 locations and has approximately 6,600 employees in North America.
We serve a diverse group of customers in a wide array of industries. We support professional con-tractors in construction and remediation. Our industrial customers include large industrial plants, reﬁneries and petrochemical operations, automotive and aerospace manufacturers. We support government and infrastructure projects at the municipal, state and federal level. And, we continue to expand our services for customers in commercial and retail, healthcare, hospitality, recreation, and entertainment and special events.
This role will function as key player on a high impact Communications team responsible for creating and executing enterprise-wide communications across a variety of channels and providing media relations and public relations support. The Manager, Corporate Communications will work closely with the Director, Communications and company leaders to ensure internal and external communications strategies align to company priorities and initiatives.
The Manager, Corporate Communications must communicate clearly and concisely, deal with ambiguity, work calmly under pressure, and represent the brand at the highest standards within and outside of the organization. There is strong potential for growth in this role.
- Develops and executes communications plans for critical initiatives aligned to company strategy that help inform, engage, and inspire employees.
- Collaborates with key players to identify communications opportunities and to provide critical messaging to stakeholder groups in the organization, including field and corporate employees of all levels.
- Drafts a wide variety of communications materials to be delivered across various communication channels, including internal communications, strategy documentation, leader presentations and talking points, video scripting, intranet content, and newsletters.
- Develops and implements public relations campaigns to build brand awareness and support recruitment objectives.
- Writes, edits, and distributes press releases and media responses.
- Collaborates with marketing, sales, and government affairs teams to amplify brand attributes and develop stories that define the company’s core values.
- Collaborates with the ESG team to socialize programs and share the accomplishments of the company’s sustainability efforts.
- Helps develop and execute crisis and issue communications and plans to address business-impacting topics.
- Regularly measures and tracks the effectiveness of communications strategies.
- Supports Director, Corporate Communications in other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or relevant degree
Conditions of Employment
Minimum of 5 to 7 years of Communications or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills; knowledge of AP style
- Strong time management skills; ability to balance multiple, competing priorities
- Professional and confident presence to engage internal partners and external stakeholders
- Collaborative contributor, able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver innovative ideas and solutions
Herc Rentals values its employees and provides excellent compensation and benefits packages which are not limited to the following.
Keeping you healthy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Flex spending and health savings accounts
- Virtual Health Visits
- 24 Hour Nurse Line
- Healthy Pregnancy Program
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Weight Loss Program
Building Your Financial Future
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Life & Work Harmony
- Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacations, Sick Days)
- Paid parental leave.
- Military leave & support for those in the National Guard and Reserves
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Mechanic Tool reimbursement of up to $300 per year
- Auto & Home Insurance Discounts
Protecting You & Your Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Group Legal Plan
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.