New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Snap Inc. is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. We contribute to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Communications team is responsible for conveying Snap’s mission, vision and values to core audiences within our community, which include Snapchatters, advertising partners, content partners, investors, policymakers, and Snap team members. This passionate team works diligently to show the world what makes Snapchat the best platform for communication and storytelling, and to ensure narratives about the company, its people, and its products are accurate and compelling.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Communications Manager, Consumer to join our global communications team.
What you'll do:
- Design and deliver effective communications strategies to highlight Snapchat’s cultural relevance, core product values, and leadership within the content creator community.
- Create proactive plans and digital strategies that drive awareness of our content and augmented reality experiences across the Snapchat Camera, Stories and Spotlight, and creator initiatives, as well as partnerships that span music, entertainment, news, and lifestyle. Ensure strategies ladder up to corporate goals and consider a range of audiences and demographics. Handle any reactive issues.
- Execute comprehensive strategies and tactics that promote Snapchat’s content creator narrative, including support for established and aspiring creators and highlight their individual successes.
- Work with the Director of Consumer & Content Communications, and leaders across Snap’s content, partnerships, product and other teams on both longer-term initiatives, reactive communications, team operations, and more.
- Support product announcements that showcase Snap’s leading technology for consumers.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with key reporters and editors at national and local outlets.
- Pitch stories, create press materials, and prepare spokespeople for media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with a close-knit global communications team to support product, content, creator and Snap partnership initiatives around the world, identify proactive opportunities, and aid with team operations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong command of the media, entertainment and cultural landscape, with a broad network of contacts across national consumer broadcast, entertainment, music, media trade, and tech outlets
- Experience working with content creators and talent at all stages of their careers
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to experiment in order to learn and identify creative solutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally and across different time zones
- Ability to balance critical thinking with tactical execution and attention to detail, in the face of frequent inbound enquiries and other requests
- Excellent news (and overall) judgment, as well as exceptional writing and communications skills
- Able to serve as a Snap spokesperson as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of professional experience working in a communications role or related field
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including experience working with talent
- Experience working in a major media/entertainment environment preferred
- Experience working in-house with talent and proactively driving entertainment and trend stories
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $165,000 - $230,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $157,000 - $219,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $196,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!