- Plans, manages and produces communications and related materials to meet Cummins strategies and objectives.
- Manages, coaches and mentors professional/hourly staff; provides guidance and direction, delegates work appropriately.
- Solves unique cross-functional problems.
- Leads and coaches on project, account, vendor management.
- Builds, leads, and strengthens relationships with stakeholders/leaders/vendors.
- Builds, leads, executes strategic communications planning (marketing promotional plan/communications plan).
- Leads tactical execution of marketing and/or communications plans.
- Identifies, coaches, and manages process improvement and functional excellence.
- Simplifies complex messages across multiple stakeholders.
- Writes, edits, and creates content and strategic messaging and adheres to relevant style guide.
- Represents, adheres to, and champions Cummins brand.
- Manages and maintains budget/financials.
- Prepares and executes event planning and event logistics.
- Leads functional trainings, creates and delivers presentations.
- Sets targets for data-driven decisions; compiles, analyzes, and utilizes metrics, data, and analytics.
- Understands and champions digital tools, trends, and channels with stakeholders.
- Solves problems and manages cross-functional relationships.
- Innovates and leads continuous improvement in their area of work.
Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Brand Management - Creates competitive advantage through brand recognition; positions the brand to meet or exceed stakeholder expectations; applies brand standards to create a consistent perception and defend the company reputation.
Creative Communication Design - Presents information from a variety of sources in a compelling message through storytelling to engage target audiences; applies the appropriate tools and media types to create effective, high-quality visual and experiential media.
Data Analytics - Discovers, interprets and communicates qualitative and quantitative data; determines conclusions relying on knowledge of business or functional frameworks; simultaneously applies statistics, data validity, data visualization, and problem solving approaches to effectively extract meaningful patterns and business insights; presents conclusions and outcomes that enable data driven business decisions.
Digital media savvy - Leverages current and emerging digital media strategies (e.g. email automation, social media, content management systems, etc.) to influence buyer behavior or target audiences to a desired action.
Intuitive Listening And Adapting Solutions - Translates needs, expectations, or asks from customers, stakeholders, etc. into actionable solutions through active listening and intuition; chooses or produces solutions (e.g. process change, tool, product, service, etc.) to meet or exceed the customers’ or stakeholders’ needs or expectations or to provide value.
Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in communications, marketing, or a related subject required.
- MBA, Master's in Communications, Master's in Marketing, or equivalent degree highly preferred.
- Digital experience preferred (emerging trends, digital for business, metrics, paid vs. organic, advertising content).
- Graphic design skills, visual communications channel capabilities preferred.
- Global perspective and experience preferred.
- Client/account management preferred.
- System integration/account management for marketing roles preferred.
- 6 Sigma, Value Stream Transformation, continuous improvement experience preferred.
- B2B experience preferred.
Lead and manage the external communications for Power Systems - Work across all markets to drive our external communications presence - Act as the media point person for PSBU - Align internal communications with external communications - Lead transformation communications for PSBU - Have overarching leadership for external communications analytics
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Indianapolis-US, IN, Indianapolis, Cummins DBU Headquarters
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Visit EEOC.gov to know your rights on workplace discrimination.