The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to build a better world through business. Through our powerful ideas, purpose-driven leaders, and positive impact, we empower business leaders to improve the world.
The Career Development Office (CDO) at Michigan Ross delivers world-best career services to its constituents. This is done by managing internal and external relationships, processes, and people to develop the career services skills of over 4500 Michigan Ross students across seven different degree programs and alumni and by maximizing the success of the career search interaction among students, alumni, and the employers who would potentially benefit from hiring them.
The Communications Manager will promote the engagement of the Career Development Office to all students, recruiters, prospective students, and alumni (for select services), and campus partners. Working directly for the Managing Director, you will develop the strategy for sharing a positive perception of CDO to its constituents.
Brand Marketing & Strategy
- In close collaboration with the Managing DIrector and the Leadership Team of the Career Development Office, create a brand awareness campaign to understand and enhance the brand perception of the Career Development Office.
- Work in close collaboration with the Ross Marketing & Communications Office on the annual employment report and the external CDO-related websites to ensure brand and perception of CDO is represented.
- Collaborate with admissions offices on the timing and content of communications to prospective and newly admitted students to ensure understanding of data, branding, and information about the Career Office.
Content Creation & Communications
- Write, seek, and design content that is consistent with marketing and brand strategy for emails, newsletters, videos, presentations, and LinkedIn.
- Manage vendors for design, photography, videography
- Develop marketing and recruitment needs for programs, including digital posters, slides, banners
- Work across multiple degree programs and cultural contexts including an understanding of how to adapt communication styles for different communities
Data Management & Reporting
- Identify marketing and communications performance metrics. Interpret campaign results and apply insights to future campaigns.
- Provide reports on the perception and performance of the Career Office's brand from both student and recruiter's perspectives.
- Oversee updates, strategy, and management of the Office's websites
- Create document templates for efficient career content creation and website inclusion
- Develop a strategy for the Office's LinkedIn account
- Improve the Office's digital outreach, influence, and engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field is required and 3+ years of professional experience in marketing, communications, or related fields or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in content development (writing newsletters, social media, updating websites)
- Experience in marketing or brand strategy; create ideas to further an organization's reach and reputation
- Applied experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, creating video content, using social media
- Knowledge of data collection methods to inform strategy
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
Salary Information: The general salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000. Candidates can expect to be paid a competitive and equitable salary. Factors used to determine salary include experience, knowledge and skills for the position. All candidates are encouraged to discuss salary questions to honor alignment and transparency throughout the recruiting process.
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off (Vacation, Holidays, Season Days, etc.)
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Flexible Work Program
- Ross Onsite Fitness Center
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who excel and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.