The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of purpose. At Sevita we provide home and community-based health care services and support for adults, children, and their families across the United States. Join us in work that matters.
The Communications Manager manages strategic aspects of the company’s internal communications function, and supports corporate communications and media relations externally. In addition to providing strategic and tactical communication support to management and business leaders company-wide, this role is responsible for development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the company’s internal communication channels and content. This position works closely with individuals across business groups, and at times may supervise individual contributors directly or indirectly.
This role is 100% remote and can be performed from anywhere in the US.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and manage internal communication strategies, planning, and content that informs, supports and engages employees; equips managers to communicate effectively with their staff; and promotes stronger positive connections between employees and the organization
- Counsel business leaders, project managers and other internal communicators on strategies, tactics, messages, and vehicles that will accomplish identified goals
- Provide change management support to workgroups and business leaders involved in employee-facing transitions
- Track and assess the impact of content and communication channels to inform future content planning and strategy
- Maintain a comprehensive communications calendar and manage the distribution of employee communications through multiple channels
- Manage the company’s intranet and knowledge center by supporting a team of content managers through strategic planning, resourcing, troubleshooting and/or training
- Write and/or proofread communication materials, including emails, intranet posts, talking points, press releases, and promotional materials to ensure consistency with brand messaging, voice, and tone
- Direct external inquiries to appropriate channels for resolution, mange draft responses as needed
- Perform other related duties and activities as required
The Ideal Candidate Must
- Be well organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- Be an enthusiastic storyteller
- Demonstrate a range of communication planning and creation across stakeholder audiences
- Approach projects with a growth mindset and be flexible with feedback
- Be a dependable team player
- Be self-motivated and a fast learner
- Most of all open-minded and enthusiastic
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, English or related field required
- 5 years of experience in internal communications, public relations or corporate communications required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts to develop and execute communication plans
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong strategy development and planning skills
- Demonstrated success in developing, managing, and delivering communication strategies and plans in a large, complex organization
- Knowledge of stakeholder assessment practices and audience segmentation
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects and responsibilities
- Project management experience a plus, including process improvement, research and communication of best practices, measuring and monitoring results
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets