Are you looking to join a diverse team that does important work like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe? The work we do at Thermo Fisher Scientific has real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How you will make an impact:
The Global Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and optimizing plans for products/solutions and initiatives which optimize a promotional mix across advertising, publicity, tradeshows, sales tools, webinars, collateral, direct marketing, and electronic marketing to deliver campaign results across multiple geographies.
This position involves optimizing marketing strategies, developing and implementing promotional plans, and measuring the performance of implemented programs. The Global MarCom Manager will provide communications expertise, participate in the Marketing Communications annual planning process, and will closely maintain project budgets and return on investment in alignment with strategic goals and priorities. They will also partner with cross functional services and teams (social media, digital marketing, Design Center, 3rd party agencies) to plan and develop customer facing content at vertical and product levels from traditional to digital tactics.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement marketing communications plans for assigned vertical/product lines and projects, working closely with the Sr. MarCom Manager to review plans. Includes working with Product and Marketing Managers and communication (social, digital, design) staff to develop effective plans that are incorporated as appropriate into the MarCom budget and campaign plans. Manage those plans throughout the year to ensure projects are initiated and completed on target.
- Partner with marketing to drive effective value propositions, and outbound messaging.
- Write clear, benefit-leading creative briefs that summarize and filter information.
- Coordinate with other groups within CMD (and outside division) as appropriate, so resulting promotions present Thermo Scientific CMD brand across product categories.
- Develop product, service, vertical market, capability and solution specific MarCom programs, including sales collateral, case studies, advertisements, mailers, product announcements, webinars, press releases, technical web content, etc. in a timely manner.
- Partner with analytics team to evaluate and report effectiveness of campaigns with the appropriate cadence to track program success in terms of contact list building, nurturing and qualified leads.
- Knowledge of systems and tools for effective project management such as Quickbase and WorkFront.
- Forecast and maintain budget and timelines.
- Partner with Regional MarCom groups for seamless transition of field marketing activities to align with global campaigns.
- Outstanding copy writing and editing skills, with the ability to work across media, from print to digital.
- Ensure that content is reviewed and taken through appropriate Regulatory and Legal approvals.
- Manage vendors and contractors as needed.
How you will get here:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in marketing or marketing agency preferred.
- Promotional copywriting experience.
- Experience in leading or facilitating the creative process (concept to execution).
- Digital marketing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to meet project goals in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated project planning skills.
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Travel up to 10%, domestic or international
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com!