Solar Landscape is changing the way America goes solar.
We are advancing energy equity, making carbon-free energy accessible to all people. We invest into historically underinvested communities.
Solar Landscape is growing fast. Like, really fast. Doubling in size year after year, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive our next phase of growth. We’re made up of thought leaders, thinkers, dreamers, doers. We are insightful, driven, rebellious, fun, and we are better together. Our diverse and unique backgrounds are all given a voice and seat at the table to help make real change for the communities we serve.
We’re looking for a Communications Manager to play a pivotal role in communications project management and storytelling across communications platforms.
As a Communications Manager at Solar Landscape, you will be at the forefront of our communication efforts, helping us connect with diverse stakeholders. Good candidates will be organized, innovative and bring a passion for creating our clean energy future.
The Communications Manager will work closest with Solar Landscape’s EVP of Engagement and will interface with the entire office to achieve communications goals.
- Project Management: Tracking and advancing communications deliverables for internal and external stakeholders.
- Content Strategy: Researching and developing engaging content for public and policy audiences to advance our messages and narratives.
- Social Media Management: Developing, scheduling, and posting compelling social media content to engage our target audiences and drive brand awareness.
- Events Management: Project management for marketing materials for press conferences, tradeshows and other industry events.
- Website Oversight: Editing and managing the Solar Landscape website in WordPress to ensure it remains up-to-date and aligns with audience needs.
- Metrics Tracking: Monitoring and reporting on social media and other communication metrics to continuously optimize our communication strategies.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Organizational skills: Exceptional organizational abilities to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Creative communicator: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for conveying complex ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Digital and video skills: Ability to create, edit and publish online content -- including video -- in compelling and effective ways.
- Analytical mindset: Ability to analyze data and metrics to make informed decisions and improve communication strategies.
- Policy knowledge: Familiarity with policy issues related to the renewable energy sector
Benefits and Perks
- Solar Landscape’s company culture is second to none.
- Our 160+ employees combine our mission, grit and drive with a rebel’s attitude that’s changing the industry:
- Located in the heart of historic Asbury Park, our new state-of-the-art office space offers flexible workstations to encourage collaboration and movement.
- Hybrid and remote work schedules to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
- For our folks in NYC, we have a convenient WeWork space employees are welcome to share.
- Employees come together to eat every day! Like in a home, our gourmet kitchen is the heart of the office. Solar Landscape has a full-time in-house chef cooking daily farm-to-table meals using locally sourced organic food.
- Also included in employees’ benefits is our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off and holiday PTO. We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings and more!