TinderLos Angeles, CA6 months ago
We are looking for a driven communications professional with a strong understanding of the technology media ecosystem across the United States and a solid background in consumer product communications. The candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and tell the story of Tinder’s renowned - and evolving - product experience. They will report to the Director of Global Communications in the Los Angeles HQ office. The role requires strong cross-functional interactions with teams based across the US. This is a global role with a focus on US media relations.
In this role you will:
- Serve as a liaison to the product organization, forging and maintaining relationships with Product Managers across multiple verticals while translating, distilling and cascading the latest updates to the wider, global communications team.
- Develop messaging and strategies that drive awareness of our brand and product experiences through earned media and consumer-facing initiatives that reinforce our mission, tech and pivotal role in influencing the modern meet-cute.
- Train and advise spokespeople for media interviews, external presentations and more.
- Serve as a proactive on-the-record spokesperson during launch moments, as well as a reactive voice mitigating potential issues management.
- Partner and develop strong relationships with stakeholders across the business, including but not limited to Tinder’s business development/partnerships, creative, legal, marketing, human resources and localizations teams.
- Administer, own and oversee several communications team processes including inbound press inquiry management, media monitoring, corporate messaging maintenance and more.
Most of this applies to you:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in communications, in tech or consumer sectors (agency experience is a plus - we care more about your experience vs. the number of years under your belt).
- You have some experience working with engineering/technical teams, managing product launches and handling crisis communications situations.
- You are passionate about the Tinder brand and deliberately empathetic in your approach to communications.
- You have a strong roster of relationships with tech media and have a curiosity to build relationships with new contacts and can do it with great ease.
- You know when a journalist has switched roles or started their own newsletter—and keep industry podcasts on rotation.
- You can balance a level of natural curiosity with a healthy sense of skepticism. You can simplify complex ideas for wider distribution while identifying when there is a business need to peel back the onion and search for deeper understanding.
- You can prioritize across multiple planes: effectively managing your time amidst a busy launch calendar, strategically recommending when there is (or isn’t) a story to tell, staying up-to-date with the latest and greatest breaking news and trend pieces while keeping your finger on the pulse of the business.
- You move with influence but you’re also willing to get into the weeds, meaning you flourish in a 'hands-on' role, adding value at different levels.
- You have a strong bias-to-action, are adept and agile on changing course and used to getting things done on short timeframes.
- You’re a strategic thinker, nimble and creative problem solver, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent communicator.
- You are confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer-facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
- You share the point of view that one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 people—and want to be that great person.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.