We are seeking a Communications Strategist with a passion for social impact and community-based work. In this role, you will help lead the transformation of the philanthropic arm's communications strategy, telling the human stories that illustrate the legacy of Ford's impact in communities around the world.
We are looking for someone creative and passionate about the future of mobility and transportation. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader interested in developing stories that connect mobility solutions with advancing racial equity and building community. The role is key to establishing the Ford Fund as a thought leader in corporate philanthropy and in amplifying community-driven narratives that enhance the Ford Motor Company brand.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Develop and implement communications strategies to amplify the foundation’s work around key initiatives
- Research and write key communication materials, including messaging, fact sheets, press releases, speeches, and other materials that communicate the foundation's work
- Lead efforts to identify and curate stories that fit with institutional priorities
- Maintain positive relationships inside and outside the foundation that help advance our communications work
- Manage communications with consultants and agencies
- Draft briefing memos, develop key messages, and ensure effective marketing and distribution of content to target audiences
- Project manage deliverables and ensure institutional stories are clearly communicated to target audiences across Ford Motor Company and outside the foundation
- Prep and support for media interviews and speaking engagements
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, marketing and/or strategic communications
- 2+ years of management experience directing agencies and/or consultants, overseeing delivery of scopes of work
Our preferred requirements:
- Demonstrated passion for social impact and grassroots community work
- Experience developing and implementing successful communications strategies and campaigns to advance social change work
- Strong knowledge of strategic communications and digital platforms
- Experience representing an organization in coalitions and partnership collaborations
- Ability to work with diverse and cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, research and project management skills
- Familiarity with philanthropy, social impact and the nonprofit sector
- Proficiency in Spanish language a plus
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.