Based in Southern California with locations in Malibu, Calabasas and Camarillo; HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
The primary purpose of the Communications Manager is to lead the development, launch, and management of all employee communications internally in line with HRL’s broader Business Communications and Employee Engagement strategies and campaigns.
This position partners across the business, with a particular focus on internal employee communications and key training content to ensure employees remain informed, connected, and inspired by key corporate messages.
The role is responsible for customizing content for internal communications, materials, training materials, technology platforms (in collaboration with IS) and programs to meet employee needs while aligning to HRL’s corporate priorities.
- Leads the creation of the internal employee communications strategy and plan that is aligned with the broader Business Communications strategy and corporate priorities
- Ensures the soundness, optimization and efficiency of processes and tools to support internal programs, including employee-focused sent through any number of mediums: email, employee centric intranet postings, candidate focused communications on strategic posting boards and social media, executive comms, and employee focus group and roundtables etc.
- Builds training content into employee centric training programs, and standardizes training templates
- Leads communications reporting strategy and regularly provides guidance and insights to broader team on opportunities for engagement results improvement
- Supports Town Hall and All Hands planning and execution including the coordination with executive staff and across sites,
- Serves as communications ambassador for all employee engagement events including milestone celebrations and corporate wide employee experiences beyond town hall and all hands meetings
- Provides support and leadership on employee related communications programs and topics including Learning and development program content, Inclusion & Diversity and Global Rewards
- Serves as regional and cultural difference ambassador to ensure all employee content serves the needs of HRL’s diverse audiences
- Serves as the consolidated voice of the organization and communications planner for the C-Suite, supports their communications needs including the development of their annual communications plan and proactive development of key messages that meet the needs of the organization and align to the larger corporate priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience of creating content in a corporate function (vs. agency) applying content strategy to employee audiences to drive desired action
Key Skills and Competencies
- Master Advanced knowledge of of Microsoft office toolsOffice Suite
- Master ofAdvanced knowledge of SharePoint and/or internet tools
- Ability to update Wordpress sites
- Basic user experience with design toolsBasic understanding of graphics and multimedia design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Understanding of social communications trends
- “Customer First” focused attitude
- Results driven
- Employee ambassador
- Culture ambassador
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead large meetings
- Awareness of regional and cultural differences
- Strong creative thinking skills
- Proven strong interpersonal skills
- Change management experience
- Creative and forcefully positive attitude
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our Regular/Full Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, age, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.