Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As a Communications Manager , you will provide communications expertise for the Industrial Powers Systems Division (IPSD), supporting the Caterpillar Defense and Energy & Transportation (E&T) Procurement organizations. The Caterpillar Defense team provides standard products, modification of existing products, and entirely new products to branches of the U.S. military, foreign militaries and to U.S. federal civilian agencies. The E&T Procurement group is accountable for purchasing and sourcing parts and components across the Energy & Transportation segment in supporting a number of divisions including IPSD. This role will also provide some experience in the general HR function through support for the local HR Manager as required.
What You Will Do:
- The focus of the position is to support the development and delivery of communications for the Caterpillar Defense and E&T Procurement organizations in IPSD, as well as development, support and governance of the Caterpillar Defense strategy. The successful candidate will work across a global team, with customers based at multiple locations.
- Ensure all communications plans and tactics are consistent with the company’s strategic vision, IPSD’s Full Power strategy and reflect the Caterpillar brand.
- This position acts as an advisor or consultant to senior management on communications, developing and executing communication plans for a variety of local and global initiatives.
- Responsible for deliverables that include speeches, video scripts, presentations, newsletter articles, website and internal all-employee meetings, working on multiple communications activities and managing non-repeating projects.
- Work effectively across functional boundaries to deliver communication solutions – partnering with our internal marketing group, Corporate Public Affairs and other communicators across IPSD as well as other external groups.
- The position works to develop innovative processes or methods to best use resources and technology in meeting the quality goals.
- The position will provide support to the local HR Manager as required, focused on support for standard HR processes and activities.
What You Will Have:
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
- Interpersonal Relationships & Influencing: Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner. Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Organizational Communications: Knowledge of techniques and media for organizational communication; ability to utilize relevant tools to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
- Relocation assistance is available
- This position is located in Dallas, TX and offers a flexible work environment
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary. Because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus program
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock option opportunity over time
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
- Strong community involvement
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .