As the Communications Lead, your job will be to inspire our internal audiences by creating content that brings to life our business priorities, key among them being the transformation of People Experience (PX) in the Americas. You will help to create connections between our people and leadership, celebrate our people and success, and inspire our people to engage and learn about our business, our clients and our vision. You will also help to promote ABL and PX content to the larger Americas SBU audience.
This role requires close collaboration and alignment with key internal stakeholders: Americas Executive Leadership, PX Leadership, ABL Practice Leaders, Americas Marketing & Communication, Capgemini HRBPs, and the Delivery organization.
- Managing internal communications for the COO, business lines and People Experience (PX), including working closely with the extended marketing and communications team to ensure alignment on business objectives and messaging.
- Identify appropriate channels for target audiences to maximize impact.
- Organize and manage annual communications plan for PX and the ABL (channels, targets, messages, contributors, KPI, budget).
- Plan and execute ad hoc communications from the office of the COO in coordination with the Americas internal communications team.
- Plan, create and execute PX communications in partnership with the PX Program Manager including the PX monthly newsletter, ad hoc communications, PX templates, PowerPoint decks, video and graphics.
- Develop and maintain relevant Talent pages, program site, content, and social media marketing strategy.
- Plan and execute major employee events including quarterly All Hands and PX townhalls.
- Support annual Delivery Star Delivery Led Sales (DLS) award program, including leadership communications, presentations, graphics, and on-site event hosting.
- Support ABL Practice leaders and their Communications Leads in specific initiatives and tasks.
- Develop a repository for ABL success stories & white papers.
- Update the ABL Internal Communications Playbook and ABL Communications Engagement Deck.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or similar field and/or proven experience in a similar role.
- 5+ years of experience in communications in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to analyze complex material and develop this into easy-to-understand but strategic communications.
- Excellent knowledge of internal communication channels and understanding of multi-channel communications.
- Highly collaborative, proactive and innovative way of working
- Good project management skills and eye for detail.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.