BDG’s Communications team is looking for a Director of Communications.
You are a creative storyteller who lives and breathes media. You are passionate about the media industry and have a deep understanding of the landscape. This candidate will help the communications team develop story angles and narratives that will get the company’s message out in a meaningful and impactful way.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a team player who wants to champion the company’s milestones and initiatives and find ways to communicate effectively to external audiences. You are highly collaborative and work seamlessly across different teams with diverse points of view. The ideal candidate will be strategic, innovative, and an expert communicator.
This is a Remote/Hybrid Temp position (4-5 months) and will begin mid-late February time frame, and we are looking for candidates who can stay in this role for a minimum of 4 months.
- Oversee corporate and editorial communications for BDG and its 12 brands with support from two full-time communications team members
- Support the communication, sales, and events team in the preparation and development of high-level events (both industry events and consumer events)
- Attend brainstorms and team meetings, providing thoughtful feedback for PR-led initiatives, press opportunities, and projects
- Carry out strategic external and internal communications plans
- Help ideate and write innovative and engaging internal communications when applicable
- 10-15 years experience minimum in communications and/or media; agency experience is a plus
- Strong press and broadcast contacts
- Collaborative and team player
- Strong executive presence
- Self-starter with strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Hourly Rate: $48/hr - $53/hr
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.