At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Communications serves as an accelerant for the company’s transformation, working to advance Ford’s business success and future vision through innovative, world-class communications. We seek to establish Ford as the world’s most trusted company through purpose-driven storytelling that drives advocacy; inspire a culture of optimism, competitiveness and creative excellence among our Ford team and partners; build the Ford brand and create desire for our products and services; and demonstrate our drive to create value for our stakeholders through Ford+.
What you’ll be able to do:
As we build a diverse, equitable and inclusive global Communications team, we are looking for passionate, creative professionals who can engage our target audiences with innovative ideas that breakthrough in a fast-changing environment. What you’ll be able to do:
- Leading the communications onsite, storytelling, increasing workforce engagement, advancing adoption of new tools and building brand ambassadors
- Being the onsite eyes, ears and voice of the communications team
- Acting as a liaison between plant leadership, union and corporate and being the first line of communication to the employees
- Participating in real-time discussions with employees in various offices and answering their questions
- Identifying local issues as well as opportunities to further engage employees
- Report on and write articles about events and activities taking place at local plant for company-wide distribution
- Write, format and distribute internal monthly newsletters
- Write leadership messages and presentations to address employees with company and location-specific information
- Disseminate timely information to employees through various internal channels on a consistent basis
- Managing the local social media groups and digital presence and helping employees to engage across various channels
- Understanding of the impact of strong internal communications channels
- Continuous personal development of functional competencies and leadership agilities
- Work on-site, Monday through Friday
- Travel domestically up to 5%
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in the communications field
Our preferred requirements:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Premiere and the creativity to generate original content
- Strong internal writing and internal communication skills
- Top-notch organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Pro-active approach to getting work done
- Personal experience with social media and an understanding of its role in business
- Awareness and knowledge of local or regional events and media environment
- Professional and interpersonal maturity with a proven track-record of successful relationship building
- Passion for the automotive industry a plus
- Prior manufacturing communications experience is a plus
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID