Communications and Development Coordinator
The Communications and Development Coordinator is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, creative, collaborative individual wanting to strengthen their professional communications and development experience and advance gender equity around the world. Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Communications and Development Coordinator will help co-create and implement the organization’s communications strategy and all external communications, website, public relations messages, and collateral to consistently articulate and support Rise Up’s mission and attract donors.
The Communications and Development Coordinator is an essential role on Rise Up’s growing team and is able to handle complex competing priorities. The Communications and Development Coordinator will work closely with program, development and communications staff and with vendors and stakeholders to uplift Rise Up Leaders and the organization’s brand across digital channels. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, an independent worker, and has some experience in nonprofit communications and development.
This is a full-time remote position. Candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area are preferred, but candidates from other regions in the United States are welcome to apply.
Pay: $59,759 to $72,666 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is $59,759 to $72,666 based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Communications (65% time)
- Support the development and implement of communications strategies that raise awareness of Rise Up’s mission and grow the organization’s audience and engagement.
- Write a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, outreach materials, and press releases.
- Support the development and execution of digital campaigns around key communications initiatives.
- Create new and innovative ways to enhance and expand the organization’s social media presence in collaboration with the Digital Communications Associate.
- Manage the organization’s contact management system in Salesforce and maintain MailChimp email platform.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- Maintain communications calendar.
- Contribute copywriting, copyediting, and proofing to other Rise Up communications as needed.
Development (35% time)
- Co-lead the planning, promotion, and execution of individual fundraising appeals and donor communication strategies along with the Development Coordinator.
- Work closely with development staff to produce messaging and communications tools for donor outreach and events, such as our annual Gala and events for Rise Up’s Member Communities (Leadership Council and Ambassadors).
- Coordinate development collateral projects, including the Annual Report and external evaluation reports.
- Assist with gift processing, Salesforce donor management, and acknowledgement letters as needed.
- 3 years of communications, marketing, and development experience in non-profit or advocacy space.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment and different time zones.
- Willingness and ability to travel 10-20% of the time, both domestically and internationally (when it is safe to do so).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing/business administration, public health, or a related field; or substitute with four additional years of related experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to work well in a team and build relationships with people from a diversity of backgrounds.
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as MailChimp or a similar online marketing platform.
- Knowledge of donor database software such as Salesforce or a similar CRM.
- Proven knowledge of communications, marketing, and fundraising best practices.
- Experience in donor fundraising events.
- Proficient in Spanish and/or other languages.
- Commitment to advancing gender equity globally.
Rise Up is committed to advancing social, gender, and racial justice. We value having a team that brings a wide range of perspectives and identities including ethnicity, race, gender, socio-economic background, language, political and religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and abilities. We believe that the lived experiences of our employees and their unique ideas inspire innovative solutions. As such, we especially seek applications from people who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, transgender, gender-nonconforming, LGBQ+, and people living with disabilities.