Communication & Interior Design Manager
What you'll need to have
- You have experience working in a design-orientated role (interior design, graphic design, visual merchandising and/or store planning).
- You have experience in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people.
- You have experience prioritizing and organizing your workday.
- You have a proven customer-focused mindset, a problem solver and the ability to set and implement action plans.
- You have experience in visually expressing the brand identity of a company.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Lead and inspire the store Com&In team to use knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business.
- Secure vitality and seasonality in the store by creating and implementing a store commercial calendar together with the store management team.
- Lead the store Com&In team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA Brand and distances IKEA retailers from the competition.
- Identify current and future business needs in order to recruit, develop and retain a high performing and passionate store Com&In team.
Together as a team
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Communication & Interior Design Manager
Why you will love us
From the deep forests in Sweden, we have spread our culture and values around the world. At the heart of our offer are our beautiful home-furnishing products and solutions, made with care for our planet, reaching millions of customers.
At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together.
Our vision, “to create a better everyday life for the many people” inspires and guides us in everything we do. This is IKEA.
What we all have in common
- Living our values
- Being your unique self, while respecting and including others
- A passion for home furnishing
- Performing & delivering while learning & developing
- Having fun!
Your uniqueness makes Ikea better
We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly and be given equal opportunities, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion or any other dimension of their identity.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide appropriate accommodation which considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. If you require accommodation, please contact HR.Canada@ingka.ikea.com
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.