Communication Delivery Specialist
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Com-Ops Specialist is responsible for assisting with the implementation and oversight of complex programs and workflows assigned to them. They act as subject-matter experts within their group and will take a lead role in executing all procedures necessary to support our business partners. The Program Specialist will have a full understanding of the service level agreements, performance guarantees and client expectations for the products they support and will provide steady state workflow management and contribute to issue resolution requests and process improvement activities. The ability to exercise good judgement, leverage available resources and show initiative are all key qualities of a successful Com-Ops Specialist. Teamwork, communication, engagement and creative problem-solving skills are all required when dealing with the complex workflows and products our team supports. This role requires the ability to multi-task, think outside-the-box and a willingness to offer a helping hand whenever and wherever necessary.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Print & Lettershop Responsibilities:
- Being a strategic advisor to business partners for print production, and communication delivery (i.e. what color will print best on which material/paper, which logos will look best on which material/paper, print production and fold recommendations, sourcing promotional products, etc.).
- Provide print specs (size dimensions, logos, colors, art, stock information, etc.) to the vendor for production
- Production estimates/approvals between vendor and client
- Provide mail information to the vendor for how the piece should be sent out (first class, standard, what indicia is included, etc.)
- Advising on print specs (pantone/hex colors, size dimensions, stock, binding, etc.) – familiar with the process of printing
- Proofing PDF proofs to ensure that the exact brand colors align with the client’s request
- Providing strategic print and communication direction to ensure that we’re being most efficient with communication delivery, and cost saving metrics.
- Data proofing – working with the vendor on pieces containing variable data (how the data will be sent over, how it will be printed, etc.)
- Project management, and communication with the client to set delivery expectations for the in-home dates.
- Responsible for meeting workflow deadlines, compliance requirements, client expectations, SLA’s and overall program goals for assigned product(s).
- Maintain effective communication with business partners, vendors and support team members to manage workflow expectations and meet deadlines.
- Identify risks and implement solutions to avoid or minimize negative impact.
- Develops and maintains workflow documentation and reporting.
- Assists with resource planning for assigned program and/or products and will monitor daily activities.
- Assist with developing a clear and concise plan to both execute the program and monitor its progress. This includes adjusting along the way as needed to ensure success and minimize risk.
- Maintain effective communication with customers, vendors and team members.
- Works with other team members and analyst to maintain accurate metrics and reporting for assigned program and products. This includes the distribution and reporting of program details as needed.
- Assists team with training and related documentation as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Specialist Specific Responsibilities:
- Assigned to support one or more work streams with standard to complex workflow requirements.
- Assists with vendor migration efforts, new product implementations.
- Supports the implementation of new procedures to support assigned workflows and create and maintain supporting documentation in alignment with ISO standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or 5+ years of print production experience
- 4+ years of project and/or account management
- 4+ years of print and/or digital campaign execution with inbound or outbound communications
- Intermediate proficiency working with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Available to travel occasionally on business 10%
- 1+ year of experience in the healthcare industry and/or UnitedHealth Group experience
- 1+ year of experience managing financial requests and associated inputs (cost-benefits analysis, business case, etc…)
- Ability to solve problems and to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent presentation, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.