Commercial Product Developer
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, Internal Brands you are responsible for the commercializing of new products and meeting launch timelines. As a well-organized individual, you will also be the involved in various aspects of the revenue business unit.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif has 3 top-selling internal brands BoxHot, Floresense and Debunk. As well as operating a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing serviced to Licensed Producers (LP’s) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Liaison between marketing and engineering teams on new product specifications to ensure alignment within the organisation and launch preparedness.
- Managing and completing product call sheets for various provincial registrations.
- Communicating SKU specific specification to engineering to be used for production staff.
- Assisting in new product launches; compiling and submitting NNCP info following QA approval
- Working with the Commercial Manager to identify risks in product launch timelines.
- Working with CES regarding complaints and identifying reoccurring issues for QA investigations and updating new product specifications as required
- Source and documenting new and innovative products to be used in upcoming SKUs.
- Assisting in creation of project timelines on new SKUs launches.
Brand / Production
- Working with the Commercial Manager to identify risks in product launch timelines and find ways to mitigate impact
- Process improvement initiatives to improve workflow between the commercialization team and production.
- Working with internal designers for label designs and execute sample printing.
- Ensuring an accurate flow of information from Commercial Managers to production staff when any clarification is required as part of production.
- Sourcing and tracking vendors for packaging, labeling, hardware and various formulation requirements.
- Following up with provincial contacts regarding purchase order statuses.
- Meeting with production and supply chain departments to ensure timelines set by purchase orders are following and identify any risks.
- Have ownership of SKU execution of 2- 4 product categories (i.e. vapes and pre-rolls)
- Identify any upcoming changes and work with internal departments to follow project and execute on-time
- Identify gaps in portfolio and prepare solutions or products that could help better the brands
- Ensure production related activities for your portfolio remains on time
- Identify when production is lagging due to increase sell-through and escalate.
- Facilitate major purchases for product launches until transition plan in place.
- Updating reports used for department tracking of product statuses.
- Assisting Commercial Managers for various on-site projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree, College diploma or certificate in a related discipline
- Experience in supporting stages of the product development lifecycle including product vision, go to market strategy, scheduling and product launch
- Ability to be on-site
- Experience working within a large licensed producer (LP) in the Cannabis industry is considered a strong asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Required to pass a criminal background check
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
At Motif we are a diverse and inclusive workplace and dedicated to maintaining this culture, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or any of our other roles.