Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
The Paid Support team directly supports our largest, and fastest growing users. We provide proactive consultation, best practice guidance, and ongoing managed services to optimize and accelerate our users’ business. We pursue excellence in user service, aiming to consistently exceed expectations.
What you’ll do
Stripe is looking for a US-based leader to mentor, lead, and grow Stripes within Paid Support. This manager will lead an established group of high-performing Stripes who are motivated to improve the experience for our Paid Support users. This manager’s day to day interactions with the team will cultivate happiness, define and implement cross-functional solutions at scale, lead through user challenges and provide continual mentorship and feedback. In addition, this manager will work cross-functionally to drive operational programs to elevate Stripe’s level of service and support through setting strategy, defining clear goals and determining prioritization with data and user feedback.
- Define the strategy and future of Paid Support for a new, high-growth, velocity segment within Stripe, partnering with GTM, Product, and Partners
- Scale the team globally as the demand increases
- Guide your team and the Paid Support organization to deliver incredible services experiences, grow services revenue and contribute to strategic programs
- Ensure that team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and user work
- Set clear goals and direction for the team and each individual; provide regular feedback on your team members’ performance
- Analyze data from user feedback and experiences to drive efficiency and build quality
- Be an advocate for Stripe users and champion for users needs internally
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion and empowerment
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 15+ years of experience leading technical services or technical support teams and programs
- Experience in forming and growing highly effective teams in emerging or uncharted lines of business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to build trust with users, setting a high bar for quality, with a willingness to lead by example
- Experience with fintech SaaS products
- Experience leading growth initiatives (through driving sales revenue and/or elevating operational service) with winning track-record
- Proven ability to scale a technical services or technical support team in a high-growth environment
Hybrid work at Stripe
Our Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore teams spend at least 50% of their time in their local offices. We believe that more in-person interactions will contribute to better results for our employees and Stripe. Increased office time allows for improved collaboration, efficiency, and informal learning opportunities, fostering a stronger community and building our culture. We will apply the insights gained from these initial three locations to continue refining our hybrid approach.
Pay and benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $198,000 - $279,500. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.
Please find our California applicant personal information notice here.
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.