Commercial Contracts Administrator
WorkdaySalt Lake City, UT - Pleasanton, CA14 days ago
Workday is proud to support transitioning veterans in their journey from military to civilian careers through our Career Accelerator Program (CAP): an immersive 16-week paid program designed to leverage your valuable skills and experience and align them with potential career opportunities at Workday.
WHAT WE OFFER & WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Joining CAP is an investment in the future. The program offers valuable experience in the corporate sector, the opportunity to build off your experience and gain exposure to a variety of in-demand technology products (i.e. Workday software), the chance to build new skills and grow your professional network. At the end of the program, participants may also be offered full-time employment by Workday or gain the necessary skills to be more marketable to other employers.
CAP offers many different opportunities throughout Workday including: Program and Project Management, Application or System Support, Business Analysis, IT/Security, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Software and Application Development, and Solutions or Technical Sales. If you are a transitioning veteran who meets the following requirements to apply, we’d love to hear from you.
- Applicants must be US military veterans and be able to pass a standard background check
- Applicants cannot have been out of the military for longer than 2 years (exception is for those currently enrolled in a full-time educational program)
Workday’s legal department is looking for a high-performing Commercial Contracts Administrator to join our team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills and a positive attitude. Workday is a fast growing company, and the Contracts Administrator will need to manage multiple priorities, work independently and be proactive. The utmost confidentiality is imperative, as you will be working on sensitive projects and will be privy to confidential information.
- Manage workflow for contract review process for a variety of contract types, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through routing for signatures and final distribution
- Assist with maintenance of contracts management system as well as implementation and enforcement of contract policies
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during contract review acting as a key contact for the legal department by providing guidance on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, copies, questions, etc.
- Review proposed modifications to contracts and work with internal business partners and third party to negotiate terms, and obtain approvals for modifications as required
- Draft and revise contract wording to address various situations as they arise
- Maintain processes between legal department and other groups and collaborate on ways to continually improve the contracts administration process
- Assist with legal review and response to requests for proposals
- Provide administrative and other support to in-house legal staff, including research, correspondence and record-keeping
- Execute assigned projects as determined by needs of the business and department
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and handle multiple tasks, and to track and follow up on projects
- Detail oriented, meticulous and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company, including executive management
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
- Experience with data privacy rules and contracts preferred
- Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the Company
- Courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent and reliable and proactive and uses independent judgment
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal colleagues, management, customers and others
- Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity