Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
Learn more about Phillips 66 and how we are working to meet the world's energy needs today and tomorrow by visiting phillips66.com.
The Commercial Analyst is responsible for analytics and some commercial gas supply activities within the Phillips 66 Midstream Gathering and Processing team supporting the mid-con region. This is a team-oriented role in which constant communication with other commercial team members, field operations, downstream marketing, finance, and engineering is critical.
Responsibilities will be more weighted towards volume and capital forecasting, project management, visual & mapping analytics, profitability analytics, competitive analysis, and identifying new profit opportunities through analytical research. Responsibilities could also include customer account management.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Evaluating and providing detailed analysis on the following:
- Profitability of existing and prospective gas supply
- Competitor activities and landscape
- Identifying new profit opportunities
- Trending midstream gathering and processing market movements
- Volume forecasting
- Capital spend forecasting
- Project development and management of small capital projects
- Asset mapping and visual data analytics
- Optimization opportunities of current infrastructure
- Providing analysis to assist in asset strategy
- Effectively presenting analysis to commercial management and peers
- Customer account management responsibilities could include:
- Maintains/creates favorable relationships with both existing and prospective customers
- Assists customers with day to day requests
- Drafts, develops, and negotiates new contracts and/or amendments
- Secures natural gas supply through commercially viable and advantageous agreements
- Communicating consistently with gathering and plant operations organizations regarding changes to operating parameters necessitated by changing contracts and market conditions
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Marketing, or another related field
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (including Excel)
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time – position is primarily office based but occasionally requires visiting customers and field locations
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Prior midstream commercial experience (0-3 years)
- Working knowledge of basic physical properties of natural gas, gas gathering, and processing operations
- Working knowledge of economic analysis
- ARC-GIS knowledge
Phillips 66's Midstream business is a safe, reliable and trusted logistics provider for the movement and storage of liquid or gas energy via pipelines or terminals. We are an industry leader in logistics and operate or manage more than 22,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries and finished products from refineries to storage terminals. We operate 39 terminals that supply finished products to consumer gas stations, as well as crude oil and NGL storage terminals and NGL fractionation facilities. We also provide the connectivity between the various Phillips 66 business units.
At Phillips 66, providing access to high quality programs and care for you and your family is important to us. Maintaining a culture of well-being — physical, emotional, social, and financial — is essential for a high-performing organization. When we are at our best, we are poised to deliver exceptional results — personally and professionally. Benefits for certain eligible, full-time employees include:
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of September 24, 2023 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities