Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
New York, NYCondé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
Commerce Director, Allure is a key managerial role in the Consumer Marketing organization, reporting to the Executive Fashion and Beauty Director. This individual is responsible for developing the overarching commerce strategy for beauty and wellness; driving performance to meet ambitious growth targets.
The role will lead a dedicated team of editors and producers, with an extensive cross-functional network including editorial, product, marketing and data analytics to deliver against revenue and profit objectives.
- Business owner for commerce revenue across the beauty and wellness category at Allure
- Develop a commerce proposition that is differentiated within the market, and adds value for the reader, our partners and the Allure brand itself
- Deliver growth targets through the implementation of a long-term strategic plans, as well as reacting to tactical opportunities and trade performance
- Rebuild the merchandise assortment strategy across the shopping channel to support editorial messages and key commercial metrics
- Build and implement merchandising tools to optimize category mix, brand portfolio and pricing architecture
- Develop and maintain exceptional retail and brand partnerships
- Source and onboard both established and emerging high-demand brands
- Work cross-functionally to bring innovative partnership formats to market including affiliate, dropship and hybrid commercial opportunities
- Oversee the content and content distribution strategy
- Ensure all work products reflect brand voice and standards
- Team leadership and career development of the content and production teams to develop a best-in-class multi-skilled commerce team that successfully blends creativity with business insights
- Collaborate to maximise all go-to market commerce activity including newsletter, social media, paid campaigns and events
- Work with product and data analytics to develop critical reporting and proactively manage weekly trade
- Collaborate with the product team and other CN titles to develop the commerce platform, user experience and performance metrics
- Profit management including revenue and personnel costs
- Other duties as assigned
Key relationships will include:
- SVP of Commerce Revenue and Incubation.
- VP and GM of Continuity business.
- Digital Directors.
- Senior Manager Content Operations, Manager Merchandising, Manager Partnerships, Director of Special Projects.
- Consumer Marketing Marketing Operations and Finance teams.
- Audience Development and SEO.
- Product Management and Data Management organizations.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of the beauty industry, including editorial, brands and retail
- 5+ years experience in building an ecommerce or affiliate commerce business
- Merchandising experience preferred
- Proven vendor/partner relationship management with commercial viewpoint
- Experience in managing and coaching a small team
- Comfortable with revenue forecasting and planning
- Base Salary Range : $115,000 - $145,000
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.