If you are looking for a predictable job at a big company, you can stop reading now. If you are interested in getting in early with proven entrepreneurs and technologists in the fastest growing industry in the world - Cannabis - keep reading!
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable and Collections Analyst. You need to be able to move and scale fast with our company and love moving at the pace of a young company.
Join one of the most interesting companies in all of cannabis (ERP software for the cannabis industry) to be part of a dynamic and passionate team driving innovation in this emerging market. BLAZE Is a venture backed technology startup that is designing the next generation of software for licensed cannabis operators serving cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers (dispensary and delivery businesses). In less than 3 years the company has picked up hundreds of customers in multiple states. BLAZE’s best in class ERP (enterprise resource planning) software enables companies of any size to streamline their entire business processes with legal compliance, inventory, customer, and supply chain management in one unified platform. Customers can rapidly deploy the BLAZE technology with minimal risk, low cost, and maximum flexibility.
The company is seeking a dedicated Team Member with a positive and happy, can-do attitude, high ethics, amazing with love for details to join our team as an Accounts Receivable and Collections Analyst reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
You will be responsible for accurate data entry, invoicing, file maintenance, and record keeping.
You will be responsible for the reconciliation of customer accounts and perform business to business collections. This position collects on receivable balances, reconciles customer accounts, and maintains accurate records of such reconciliation.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment, CRM systems like HUBSPOT, accounting systems like QUICKBOOKS ADVANCED ONLINE, automated billing systems like CHARGEOVER, expense reporting systems like ABACUS, etc. Be well versed with hands-on usage of automated software systems.
- Perform day to day billing operations, including creating customer subscriptions and invoices timely and accurately. Ensure our billing system is up to date for billing and revenue reporting
- Enter a variety of data using current technology platforms with an emphasis on Excel, Google Suite applications, QuickBooks Advanced Online, HubSpot (CRM) and Chargeover (Billing software)
- Invoice over 500 accounts per month and growing
- Perform Accounts Receivable duties
- Perform cash receipts function
- Perform outbound calling to collect and reconcile account balances
- Perform business to business collections by collecting on receivable balances per payment terms
- Review accounts receivable aging and reconcile accounts
- Aggregate and analyze receivable data, KPIs and metrics
- Review weekly reports and address any issues as needed
- Work closely with accounting team, Sales, and ACT teams as well as other Blaze teams to resolve customer disputes and business functions for a streamlined approach
- Play a role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the billing cycle from order to the collection of dollars
- Identify customer deductions and short payments, and process or dispute as needed
- Validate and dispute or clear deductions/short payments related to fines by researching information provided
- Contact clients with past due invoices, exercising considerable judgment, professionalism, and tact.
- Adhoc duties on an as needed basis and as assigned
- Assist with audit requests, ad-hoc projects, and system implementations
- Thoroughness and attention to detail…DETAILS…DETAILS…DETAILS so critical
- Advise supervisor of issues related to data
- Maintain safeguards and confidential company information
- Answer calls as needed and perform call routing or support ticket entry
- 3+ years of billings and collections experience along with tech industry experience preferably within a fast growth start up software or SaaS business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and verbal, and strong customer service approach
- Deadline and detail-oriented…DETAILS…DETAILS…DETAILS…So critical
- Speed, efficiency, and ability to adapt to heavy workloads and varying duties
- Positive and happy go getter attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, Google sheets in particular) …Pivot tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K
- Work from home
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- Competitive salary
- A real chance to help shape the growing cannabis industry
- Work with smart people in a fast-paced environment
Remote Work with Corporate offices located in Newport Beach, CA. 92660
Please send us your resume and why you think BLAZE is a fit for you: email@example.com