The Cloud Platform Engineer will be an integral member of VF’s newly formed Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team. The CCoE is a team of full-time cloud resources that will drive and guide cloud adoption across our organization. This team is responsible for the development and delivery of our Continuous Infrastructure Automation platform which will be leveraged across multiple cloud platforms.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Act as a consultative resource for our application teams to help to deliver applications/services in multi-cloud.
- Operationalize cloud workloads for internal customers by implementing monitoring, logging, backup & recovery, security hardening, etc.
- Help internal customers troubleshoot and resolve issues with cloud workloads.
- Participate in the development and delivery of Continuous Infrastructure Automation platform.
- Build “provisioning as code” templates to facilitate self-service provisioning of cloud infrastructure.
- Build “configuration as code” templates to facilitate self-service configuration of servers or containers.
- Build “gold images as code” templates to automate the gold image creation process. (Linux\Windows)
- Build “policy as code” templates to facilitate self-service cloud governance and compliance.
- Build “provisioning as code” templates to facilitate self-server provisioning of cloud network services including but not limited to networks, subnets firewall, WAFs, load balancers, etc.
- Build "security as code" templates to implement security guardrails.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience in cloud engineering
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure (5+ years)
- Experience with infrastructure scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience using infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform is preferred
- Experience using CI/CD and automation tools such as GitLab, Jenkins is a plus
- Experience working with git-based repository tools such as Bitbucket is a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud Native engineering (K8s, Containers, Docker, Serverless, etc.)
- Familiarity with the cloud networking concepts and native tools, such as NSGs, ASGs, WAFs, Load Balancers and requirements
- Ability to multi-task, be a strong team player, and have strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of ITIL, SDLC, DevOps and agile processes and practices
- Experience following enterprise change and release management processes
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting, carrying pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
- May require extended work hours including participation in on-call rotations.
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 25% amount of time.
$93,600.00 USD - $117,000.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
At VF, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. VF will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.