Clinical Pharmacogenomics Specialist
23andMe is seeking a Clinical Pharmacogenomics Specialist to join our Genomic Health team. We offer an exciting opportunity to implement and grow pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomic services within the context of a primary care and prevention lens. The Genomic Health team is core to 23andMe’s healthcare vision and execution, focused on delivering industry-leading genetic insights, providing comprehensive health risk assessments, and paving the way for our customers to get and stay healthy. The Genomic Health team includes medical professionals with expertise in genetic counseling, clinical genetics, preventive medicine, nursing, primary care, and public health who are dedicated to improving patient healthcare experiences and outcomes through consumer-driven genomics.
Reporting to the Vice President of Genomic Health, the Clinical Pharmacogenomics Specialist will work closely with members of the Genomic Health team and will interact directly with the Lemonaid medical group and pharmacy. The Clinical Pharmacogenomics Specialist will play an instrumental role in the design, implementation, and ongoing oversight of a new fully-integrated and consumer-oriented 23andMe pharmacogenomics experience.
With the world’s largest database of more than ten million genotyped customers, 23andMe is at the forefront of using human genetics to advance biomedical research and transform healthcare. Join our growing research team in translating genetic discoveries into insights to molecular biology of human traits and diseases.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Help design and pilot new programs in pharmacogenomics for 23andMe consumers that leverage relevant technologies and provide a world-class and clinically useful product experience.
- Collaborate with team members to fully integrate pharmacogenomics and precision prescribing into both the 23andMe digital health experience and 23andMe clinical healthcare services.
- Develop pharmacogenomic-specific clinical decision support tools in EHR systems that guide prescribers on the appropriate use and dosing of medicines based on a patient’s pharmacogenomic profile.
- Develop pharmacogenomic-specific advanced training opportunities for pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for clinical pharmacogenomics by staying abreast of applicable regulations, regional community standards of care, and nationally recognized guidelines.
- Measure and track key user metrics and health outcomes related to pharmacogenomic testing for internal optimization and quality assessment, as well as for external publication.
What You’ll Bring
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) or Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in pharmacogenomics
- Proven proficiency in understanding the role of pharmacogenomics in clinical medicine
- Experience designing and implementing clinical pharmacogenomics programs
- Solid understanding of genetics as it pertains to clinical medicine and a commitment to knowledge base growth
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including proficient knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of pharmacy and clinical practice digital platforms and tools (virtual encounter, EHR and document management, prescription ordering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of online clinical resources and databases (e.g., EPIC, PharmGKB, UpToDate, Medscape, others)
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to excel as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, complex, and at times demanding, high-tech startup work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as a dependable and supportive member of a team
- Strong commitment to 23andMe’s core values and mission
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range