Climate Change and Sustainability Consultant
Mott MacDonaldLos Angeles, CA15 days ago
Mott MacDonald is looking for an individual to lead and develop opportunities in climate change mitigation and adaptation, as well support Mott MacDonald’s thematic leadership in sustainability for a range of infrastructure clients in West US. This will be based in Los Angeles.
Within this role you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop sustainability strategies for clients in West US;
- Advise clients on optimizing sustainable outcomes in infrastructure;
- Advise on low carbon strategies including:
- Life cycle assessments
- Net zero emissions
- GHG accounting
- Energy efficiency
- Advise on climate resilience and adaptation including:
- Read and translate climate change data into impacts
- Identify mitigation measures for communities and infrastructure
- Conduct vulnerability assessments according to industry frameworks such as
- ICLEI’s BARC;
- Apply knowledge and understanding of low-carbon, sustainability and climate change legislation;
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to prepare and manage proposals and projects that involve working with colleagues across the region and globe;
- Support the promotion of, and engage with clients on, the UN SDGs and other international sustainability frameworks and standards;
- Establish and maintain client and stakeholder relationships in the sustainability and climate change community.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in engineering, environmental science, biology, planning, economics or equivalent;
- 10+ years of experience with both public and private sector clients, specifically in the sustainability, low-carbon, climate change and/or green infrastructure sectors;
- Expertise in preparing energy efficiency studies, low-carbon retrofits, sustainability design plans;
- Full range of consultancy skills, including negotiating, presenting, budget management, team leadership and facilitating;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to integrate into existing teams and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines;
- Willingness to work across different sectors (built environment, transportation, energy and water engineering sectors);
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- LEED, WELL, Envision or other sustainable design designation(s)
- Experience in renewable energy (geothermal, solar, wind) a bonus.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
- We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
- Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
- A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
- Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence