We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Client Support Specialist, you will be responsible for helping to administer the Trust Officer’s book of accounts as well as the onboarding of new client relationships. This role also includes the handling of direct inquiries on the Trust Officer Team’s behalf as well as performing the necessary processing associated with such requests. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness. This role is currently hybrid with a minimum of 2 days in the Windsor office and the remaining time spent working remotely. Please note, this is not a fully remote position.
MassMutual Trust Company, FSB is a Federally Chartered Savings Bank and a wholly owned subsidiary of MassMutual. As a trust and fiduciary services provider, we partner with financial professionals to help preserve, grow and transfer wealth to the people and causes that our clients care about. Our business has grown rapidly and MassMutual Trust has thoughtfully added team members of high caliber. Our team offers a concierge-style service by helping to coordinate the financial life of our client families, while offering the highest standard of care. When joining the MassMutual Trust family, you are embracing a culture of service excellence by which every team member is relentlessly pursuing to simplify complexity and offer a distinguished and memorable experience. Our associates have a passion for learning and work in a cross-functional style environment supporting our Trust Officers, their clients and financial professionals, and other members of the broader department.
As the Client Service Specialist, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- As part of a dedicated Concierge Service team, support the ongoing management of 4-5 Trust Officer's private wealth clients and accounts, including account onboarding, initiating and reconciling asset transfers, setting up bill payment service and processing routine receipts and remittances
- Preparation of client correspondence for new and existing clients Compilation of new client welcome materials, investment policy statements, and confirmation mailings as a result of requested account maintenance
- Responsible for communicating with and responding promptly to routine inquiries from clients and referring financial professionals on behalf of the trust officer
- Development of strong knowledge of fiduciary administration to provide appropriate responses and solutions to clients and field partners
- Support 800 line phone inquiries and website troubleshooting requests
- Process client requests within the set service level agreement
- Participate in department huddles and problem solving sessions, providing updates on metrics and different initiatives.
- Proactively recognize and recommend process improvements to enhance customer service, increase efficiency or reduce unnecessary steps/hand-offs
- Additional projects and duties as assigned during peak processing seasons (ex: tax, year end)
The Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Business, Finance, related area or equivalent working experience
- 3 years of concierge level service work experience
- 1 year of operational, processing, or case management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively reprioritize
- High energy and sense of urgency
The Ideal Qualifications:
- Experience in trust administration
- Understanding of MassMutual’s Financial Network
- Strong drive for results, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Client Service Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
Salary: $45-60,000 commensurate with experience