Claims Consultant CCU Environmental
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
COMPLEX CLAIMS UNIT – ENVIRONMENTAL CLAIM CONSULTANT
The Claim Consultant is a claim handling role within the Environmental unit of the Complex Claims Unit (CCU). CCU is a highly specialized organization responsible for the management of various complex claims brought against The Hartford’s insureds (including latent property damage and bodily injury claims such as environmental, toxic tort, asbestos, sexual molestation, opioid, and construction claims). Claims in CCU are often associated with complex fact patterns and coverage issues that may involve multiple years and types of insurance coverage. CCU claims also commonly involve litigation, require subject matter expertise to manage and can involve higher exposures. The Environmental Claim Consultant would be responsible for handling predominantly legacy and ongoing environmental claims.
The Claim Consultant will demonstrate the ability to timely manage medium to large exposure accounts exhibiting detailed claim knowledge, a well-reasoned analytical focus and a claim resolution strategy.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide proactive communications to customers and business partners in the management of claims;
- Respond to inquiries from customers and provide superior customer service;
- Review and analyze multiple complex policies and coverage parts;
- Write and articulate clear and concise coverage positions;
- Conduct investigations regarding claims and/or lawsuits;
- Manage litigation and counsel, inclusive of litigation planning, budgeting and implementing a liability resolution strategy;
- Develop coverage, liability and damages assessments and provide recommendations to leadership;
- Pursue coverage and liability risk transfer against other liable parties and insurance carriers;
- Conduct complex negotiations and articulate coverage/liability positions.
- Attend mediations and trials as necessary;
- Manage expenses, reserves and financial transactions;
- Consistently maintain up to date claims metrics.
- 5+ years general liability claim handling experience;
- Experience in handling affirmative/defensive risk transfer;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to present in a roundtable setting with a well-reasoned and analytical evaluation;
- Strong customer service and active listening skills;
- Strong time management and organization skills;
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Working proficiency with MS Office, especially Word and Excel;
- Prior environmental claim handling experience or its equivalent;
- Active Property & Casualty State Insurance Adjuster license;
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred;
- Depending on experience can hire as a Sr Claim Representative
The Hartford is proud to offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. 10% or more travel required as business needs dictate.
For full-time, occasional, part-time or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Mifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster's License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the state(s) supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition.
The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$60,080 - $117,240
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age