Civil Project Engineer
Our Civil Engineering Department is seeking a self-motivated land development engineer to join our Washington DC Office.
- Act as technical lead for the internal design team documentation, producing designs, drawings, specifications, reports, and calculations for land development projects
- Obtain permitting for public, commercial, and institutional site design
- Coordinate designs with the Project Manager/Technical Manager/Senior Project Engineer and external design team members
- Assist the Project Manager/Technical Manager/Senior Project Engineer with coordinating technical design tasks and delegate tasks to those on the internal project team as appropriate
- Perform some troubleshooting for construction administration related items and coordinate with Senior Project Engineer/Technical Manager/Project Manager on formal response
- Attend design team/client meetings to act as the face of Nitsch and to coordinate the design efforts with the Project/Technical Manager
- A BS in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer, required – is this required in DC?
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the preparation of civil/site construction documents associated with various land development projects
- Knowledge of state, local, and/or federal permitting guidelines; experience with DC, MD and/or VA permitting preferred
- Experience assisting with construction administration, preferred
- Knowledge of land development techniques to prepare construction documents including sustainable site solutions, site grading, utility design, and design of stormwater management systems to meet regulations is required
- Extensive use of AUTOCAD and CIVIL 3D is required, and
- Knowledge of HydroCAD software is considered a plus
Nitsch Engineering is an employee-owned, mid-sized engineering firm providing land development and sustainable site solutions in our communities. Our civil/site, survey, transportation, GIS, planning, and structural teams serve a wide variety of clients including developers, architects, universities, and government agencies. Our company has continued to grow organically and thrive throughout our 32-year history due to our amazing employees, great corporate culture, and commitment to building stronger and more resilient communities through client collaboration and advocacy. We continue to win exciting projects and need a talented individual like you to help us continue that trend.
- Unmatched flexible working model and early Fridays year-round!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage + Flexible Spending Account and other optional coverages like Identity Theft Protection and Legal coverage!
- Paid time off, 401k match, pre-tax commuter benefit, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
- Yearly discretionary bonus as well as cash bonuses through the employee appreciation and recognition program
- Ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Frequent volunteer and community involvement opportunities!
If you want to be excited about going to work and making a difference in the organization you work for, please reach out to us, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
Nitsch Engineering, Inc. is committed to providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace and is an EO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply. Please click to review our EEO/AAP Policy and the "Know Your Rights" poster
Nitsch Engineering, Inc. participates in the E-Verify employment authorization program. Please read more information here