City Experience Manager
Marriott Vacations WorldwideSan Francisco, CA6 days ago
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
**Relocation Assistance Available**
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Resort and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Activities Team
• Ensures staff is trained on all brand standard operating procedures.
• Administers and ensures associate adherence to corporate and local SOPs.
• Strives to meet established goals of the property (e.g., owner/guest satisfaction, profitability, associate satisfaction, etc.).
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all safety and emergency procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the brand's accident prevention policy.
• Fosters teamwork and communication among different departments. Developing, Coordinating, and Managing Property Events
• Maintains most up-to-date knowledge of daily events and locations, property facilities and hours of operation, points of interest and directions to points of interest.
• Monitors and directs resort activities for owners/guests.
• Creates, organizes and implements activities for all age ranges.
• Acts as a liaison between resort outlets/activities and guests, including dissemination of accurate information.
• Ensures clean, well-stocked and organized activities work areas. Managing Departmental Budgets
• Manages wages and controllable expenses within budgeted guidelines.
• Monitors and controls all expenses with requisition sheets, purchase orders, purchase log, invoices, and C-7s.
• Manages the department's budget in the areas of man hours and wages.
• Reads and comprehends operating statements and budget worksheets.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Determines guest's needs, and strives to meet these needs.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental expectations and parameters.
• Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
• Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate time and attendance.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
• Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.