Circular Economy Strategist
At Dell Technologies, we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. A huge part of our progress on this goal comes from our Environment, Social, Governance (ESG)/Corporate Sustainability team. Be part of the group that works to optimize environmental activities and reduce our carbon footprint while also deepening our community involvement through charitable giving programs.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Consultant on our ESG/Corporate Sustainability team in Austin, TX, US remote or EMEA remote
What you’ll achieve
As a Consultant, Circular Economy Strategist, you will evolve and advance Dell’s company-wide approach to advancing the circular economy, in alignment with its overall ESG and sustainability objectives and commitments. Focus on developing and/or further maturing programs through global business partner collaboration, cultivating thought leadership and third-party partnerships and engagement across the entire value chain. This role must bring industry expertise and understanding of circular design, materials, reuse, recycling and end of life disposition and will partner heavily with Climate Strategist and other key subject matter experts.
Responsibilities will include
- Articulate and advance Dell’s over-arching circular economy strategy and priorities.
- Work across business units and geographies to support teams executing circular economy initiatives, in partnership with other sustainability peers/contacts.
- Develop company-wide performance metrics (beyond goals) which will help to drive actionable insights around Dell’s circular economy maturity and progress.
- Serve as a primary Dell subject matter expert in circularity, materials and waste reduction.
- Continuous awareness of emerging trends and leading positions/practices to identify areas to expand focus and impact to Dell.
- Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including leading industry experts, to help support key programs and initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Environmental Science, Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical), or another Sustainability-related field
- 8+ years of additional field-specific work experience in circular economy, waste reduction
- Passion for maximizing impact and leverage of sustainability agenda and team
- High degree of comfort and experience engaging with and presenting to executive leadership, internally and externally
- Ability to project manage with required documentation and communication of progress
- Proven history of meeting deadlines and exceeding goals, especially in a matrix environment.
- Familiarity with Dell’s Progress Made Real sustainability goals and progress to date