Cinematic Media Artist
Rockstar GamesNew York, NY15 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Cinematic Media Artist to join the team and cover a broad range of media assets. The candidate will work closely with the Cinematic Media Team from storyboard to asset delivery and help maintain high standards across a wide variety of video and image-based projects. The successful candidate will love video games, demonstrate the ability to capture and edit cinematic moments in-game, and work well both independently and directed closely within a team.
WHAT WE DO
- The Cinematic Media team works with our video editing and trailer teams to produce outstanding videos using exclusively in-game shots.
- We utilize custom internal tools to shoot and display games in new ways.
- We shoot in both single and multiplayer scenarios.
- We support our employees with a culture of career development, safety, and inclusion.
- Build unique scenes within the in-game environment.
- Capture engaging visuals in both video and image formats.
- Edit videos of content captured from the games.
- Support various projects from concept to final delivery
- Be involved in storyboarding and idea/concept discussions
- Rapidly master games in development.
- Work with varying levels of supervision and creative direction, ranging from complete autonomy to working with a director to capture specific requests.
- Work at a fast pace on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem-solve to achieve the best possible results while working within the confines of unfinished technology.
- World-class player of current platform (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, PC) video game titles. Are you able to complete every game you pick up faster than anyone else you know?
- Experience creating visual content in digital or standard media (video, photography, gaming, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of editing software (AVID, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects).
- An enthusiasm for and extensive knowledge of movies, TV pop culture, and music videos.
- Deep interest for in-game artistic direction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Thorough understanding of and passion for Rockstar’s games specifically.
- Ability to create, capture and edit in a variety of visual styles.
- Excellent understanding of visual flow and composition.
- Ability to adhere to short form and longform deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform jobs efficiently.
- Possess disciplined workflow practices with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Use own initiative and problem-solving skills to bypass often complex issues.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- General knowledge of how game animation works.
- Game engine experience (Unreal/Unity).
- Experience with visual media is required for this role. Please include any and all links to your work or attach examples to your resume. This is an artistic position, so we need to see examples of your creativity in order to move forward.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.