Chief Financial Officer
SheertexMontréal, Canada16 days ago
We’re looking for a Chief Financial Officer to help scale Sheertex from growth stage to IPO and beyond. We're looking for an individual who is not only strategic with strong financial and capital market experience but who is creative with an entrepreneurial spirit that has a successful track record of raising capital and building high-growth startups.
If you’re looking to have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on a company's operations, helping to analyze, strategize, and grow the company's financial position, then you’ve come to the right place!
Sheertex makes the world's strongest sheer tights. We have fundamentally changed the hosiery category! Don't just take our word for it TIME MAGAZINE named us as one of their "Best Inventions"! Tens of thousands of customers have already been wowed by our growing range of products, from our bestselling Classic Sheer Tights to our Reversible Crew Socks to Everywear Masks. We are a company that prides itself on using technology to advance a once stagnant industry. Through our initial start of creating a knit that the hosiery industry had never used before to our ongoing push to automate our manufacturing processes; the journey of Sheertex has a common thread of striving to be innovative in our use of technology. Even our method of selling direct-to-consumer through our online channels was uncommon in the hosiery industry, and is just another way Sheertex does things a little differently.
As the CFO, reporting to the CEO, you will go well beyond managing the Sheertex’s finances and operations. You will help clear a path for growth, drive measurable value, and establish core financial processes and reporting requirements.You will be accountable for the company’s financial management and investor relation functions.
What you can expect in the first 1-3 months: As you familiarise yourself with the company, culture and pace, you will begin to advise and act as a strategic partner and actively participate in shaping the strategy of the company. You will advise on best practices within Finance, Accounting, Operations & Investment strategies. This role will work closely with our CEO to build work-class business practices. Focus is on automated functions and optimized workflow to address the needs of a complex business model, in particular defining and managing core metrics and strategy.
What you can expect in the first 3-6 months: Now that you’ve ensured cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization, you regularly assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy for growth.
- Assist the CEO in developing a strategic direction and positioning to ensure Sheertex’s success.
- Develop and recommend to the Board an annual operating plan and financial budget that support Sheertex’s long term strategy
- Keep the Board aware of the financial position and financial development of Sheertex
- Develop overall financial strategy aligned with Sheertex’s aggressive growth objectives.
- Lead Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Treasury and Investor Relations;
- Actively participate in fundraising and negotiations;
- Create and maintain an extensive network of strategic partnerships, including but not limited to investors, investment bankers, and banking;
- Report financial results and forecasting to internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead M&A financial due diligence;
- Responsible for 360insights’ capital structure and treasury activities, including cash management and forecasting, foreign exchange, funding and debt management.
- Provide leadership to the finance team, focusing on continual performance improvement, change management, team development, coaching, and succession planning.
- Develop and maintain data and financial models to support investment decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Contribute to negotiating, managing, and closing all major financial agreements;
- Experience leading a company through Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Raising and/or through an IPO;
- You have experience working in a high-growth, VC-backed start-up environment;
- You have experience in identifying business opportunities, analyzing the competitive landscape, and developing financial models that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy; M&A experience and success;
- You have experience building a best-in-class finance operation (team, systems, and processes) in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
- You have Strong FP&A skills including the ability to generate insights supporting accurate forecasting and expectation management for external parties. Additionally, ability to develop KPIs and other tools and management reports supporting management's continuous improvement across functional areas.
- You have been a key strategic advisor to the CEO and Board playing a significant role steering the company through transformation to achieve and/or maintain rapid growth.
- You have strong written and oral communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively with leadership, the Board, and other external/internal partners;
The retail industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we're very aware of the research showing that women and other historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway!
We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Sheertex.