We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Chemist.
Reporting to the Senior Chemist, the ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with experience in analytical chemistry testing environment who works well with others and displays strong attention to detail. They must have excellent organizational skills and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment. The role of Chemist will be the primary technical contact for all method development, improvement and validation of all chemical analysis conducted in the QC laboratory. In addition to this, they will work with the rest of the QC team to ensure sample flow and special projects are correctly prioritized and completed.
- Develop and validate all cannabis testing methods with addition of methods based on business needs;
- Analytical testing using HPLC, GCMS and other instrumentation for a variety of sample types;
- Maintenance and calibration of instruments;
- Create task record, SOP's related to testing activities, etc.;
- Analyze and monitor data trends; identify and help facilitate changes to achieve specifications and targets and seek to understand root cause of unfavorable results and offer solutions to improve;
- Act as a technical resource for ISO17025 accreditation activities;
- Participate in internal facility inspections and/or third-party audits;
- Lead various continuous improvement projects;
- Other duties as assigned to pivot with business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with an emphasis on analytical or organic chemistry, advanced degrees would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in analytical chemistry lab, particularly with HPLC and GC methodologies;
- Previous experience with method development and validation;
- Previous experience with working for method accreditation under ISO 17025 would be considered an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with data entry and computer applications;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization;
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.