Entry-level Chemical Engineer opportunities at Eastman Chemical's Longview, TX site are located in the Technology organization as a process improvement engineer providing engineering technical support for a specific manufacturing area. Individuals in these roles utilize a broad range of chemical engineering skills on projects that range from small to large. Projects may be urgent support of manufacturing or long-range study projects to improve efficiency or reliability of operations. The engineer will work closely with others in Engineering, Maintenance, and Technology to assist in achieving their objectives.
- As a Process Improvement Engineer you will have the hands-on opportunity to apply your skills to a variety of continuous chemical processes.
- You will be challenged to quickly become an expert in the manufacturing processes you support so you can deliver value through Technology efforts.
- The job involves a combination of troubleshooting immediate process problems, solving those problems in a timely fashion, and then working to understand, develop, test, and implement preventive solutions.
- Projects may involve optimizing and de-bottlenecking existing processes as well as developing new processes/products.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to execute projects as part of a team, as a team leader or independently.
- Ability to ensure health, safety, and environmental concerns for all projects have been addressed.
- Ability to analyze the technical possibilities for solving process problems and developing new processes.
- Ability to analyze and document the economic value of proposed process solutions and new process concepts.
- Ability to manage project portfolio based on economic and business inputs to priority.
- Bachelor (BS) or Master's (MS) degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Eastman Chemical Company does not provide sponsorship for this position.
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.