Change & Transformation Communications, Senior Manager
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Communications team. Reporting directly to the Director of Executive & Employee Communications, the Senior Manager, Change & Transformation Communications will lead Pratt & Whitney’s global change communication in support of the company’s strategic transformation journey and improvement initiatives. The person in this role will create and execute a proactive communications program to advance the company’s priorities and enable change and transformation to be readily embraced across the workforce.
In this role, the candidate will responsible for delivering compelling communication programs and content that leads to measurable employee and stakeholder engagement, while at the same time partnering with senior company leaders and the broader communications team to tell Pratt & Whitney’s transformation story.
- Strategic counsel – advise executive sponsors, program and 10 workstream leaders on strategic and tactical change communication and management, internal communication and employee engagement best practices.
- Planning and program development – design and implement change communication and engagement activities to achieve global objectives and tailored business outcomes for Pratt & Whitney.
- Message and content development – draft, edit and produce relevant and engaging messages, employee case for change stories communications and content consistent with Pratt & Whitney’s global narrative and brand.
- Channel strategy – implement Pratt & Whitney’s mix of channels (including digital, internal, and site-specific assets and tools) along with live interactions to reach and engage targeted internal audiences, identifying and implementing new approaches, technologies and innovations as required.
- Engage Frontline and Production employees - create and execute a proactive communications program to reach non-wired and wired employees to advance the company’s priorities and enable change and transformation to be readily embraced across the entire organization.
- Measures, feedback and employee insight – support global and institute appropriate local employee and communication effectiveness survey, change impact and feedback mechanisms. Use metrics and insights generated to drive improvement in communication, engagement and change outcomes.
- Bring best practice, standards and governance – embed and champion good practice and change communication capability within the business and communication community. Adhere to global corporate standards and governance for communications across Pratt & Whitney and Raytheon Technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred fields include Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field, with 10 years' experience, or an advanced degree in the Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations field(s), and minimum 7 years’ experience
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Interacting with and influencing executive and senior leaders
- Comfortable working across organizational levels: guiding colleagues, supervising staff and counseling executives
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Developing concepts and leading execution of design elements
- Project management with ability to lead/manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight timeframes, prioritize and flex when there are shifts in direction
- Must be detail-oriented; possess executive presence, maturity and judgment
- Ability to manage projects, coordinate multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously and autonomously, and work well under deadline pressure
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills that allow one to proactively anticipate requirements and potential problems
- Ability to take initiative, suggest solutions, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Proficiency with the most recent versions of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Microsoft O365 and Teams
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.